Have Tif zx-1 should I get an H-10pm?

I've got a couple of TIf ZX-1 & Fieldpiece infrared detectors.
    I keep reading about the H-10 being best. Knowing that I have the above do you guys think buying an H-10 is overkill in my case?
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

I've used the ZX-1 for the last 7 years. Between it and soap bubbles I've never had a leak I could not find. If the H10 is the best then get it. I don't believe that there is overkill when it comes to leak checking.
    Supermarket Tech...and anything else the boss finds for me!

I am torn between the D-tek select and the H10PM

I have the plug in h 10 and h 10 with the battery. Plug in one is great battery sucks. I have sent it in 3 times for service it always comes back with a clean bill of health. Maybe I was unlucky

where do you send it out for service. I have a plug in one I love. The h10pm seemed a little different. Both of them have issues. I need to find out if they both detect 410a.

Hp-10m or f/p srl1k7 which is best

I love the pump style H10 series, they work great finding tiny pin hole leaks, I prefer the older H10B or G over the PM models. I also own a d-tek select to be use when 110v is not available.
    I'm thinking about purchasing an ultrasonic leak detector, hear lots of good things about them.

United Refrigeration charges 1/2 the cost of the instrument to get repaired. It is what the H-10 peeps charge, so they say. The on/off switch broke on mine. Told me half the price of the tool for a 5 dollar micro/mini switch. That is insane. Must be a better way. Oh I bought a switch at Newark Electroics and it works fine.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

I have a ZX-1 and the problem is that it picks up sometimes false readings but it always detects the leak. I used in school the H-10 and I see no advantage over the ZX-1. The H-10 will be better suited for pinpointing the leak, but for that I prefer my superiorsignal Accutrack VPE ultrasonic leak detector. My procedures in general are: Pull out the ZX-1 to find general leak area (like A coil), switch to ultrasonic detector to find leak, use soap to physically locate it.

What's the issue with the PM models, I would think the sensing capabilities would be the same as the other models.
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    I have a ZX-1 and the problem is that it picks up sometimes false readings but it always detects the leak. I used in school the H-10 and I see no advantage over the ZX-1. The H-10 will be better suited for pinpointing the leak, but for that I prefer my superiorsignal Accutrack VPE ultrasonic leak detector. My procedures in general are: Pull out the ZX-1 to find general leak area (like A coil), switch to ultrasonic detector to find leak, use soap to physically locate it.
    When I get false readings on my ZX-1 the filter is dirty or the wand has been fouled up. I don't even get false readings walking into a freezer. Also to pin point with the ZX-1 have you tried hitting the key that has the circular arrow on it? Leave the machine on high with your finger on that button. As you are slowly moving around hit that button as soon as you get a whiff. If you keep redoing this as you are searching you can pinpoint extremely well with the ZX-1. I can tell you what side of a leaky evap u-bend you have a leak using that function of the detector.

Also I've had a hard time finding leaks sometimes with my liquid detector that some might think were false alarms with the ZX-1. In my experience with them the ZX-1 is usually right Plus it doesn't hit on any oil or liquid detector bubbles that I've found unless its off gassing refrigerant that is
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    When I get false readings on my ZX-1 the filter is dirty or the wand has been fouled up. I don't even get false readings walking into a freezer. Also to pin point with the ZX-1 have you tried hitting the key that has the circular arrow on it? Leave the machine on high with your finger on that button. As you are slowly moving around hit that button as soon as you get a whiff. If you keep redoing this as you are searching you can pinpoint extremely well with the ZX-1. I can tell you what side of a leaky evap u-bend you have a leak using that function of the detector.
    Yes I do use the button and it's very helpful. Thanks for the tip with the filter. I completely forgot that there is a filter in it that can be replaced. It seemed to me, that the ZX-1 did not work as good as when it was new and that could be the cause.