Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wonder if I will get any time?

I have to be in court in the morning. My county verses me. I would not buy a occupational tax license commonly called a Business License in the past but struck down because the Georgia Supreme Court said you can not be a right to work state and tax someone on that basis. So they did what all politicians do at the local level. They changed the name of the tax. I heard though the grape vine that some big shots won't even pay this tax because it is un constitutional and the county is not going after them. So I read the local ordinance. Amazing what you can find out in these things. In one section it said that from complying with the ordinances you submit your books to be examined by the Occupational Tax Officer. Not so fast..they have no authority to do this unless you sign your rights away and pay the tax.

2 -6-19 Item C here says that.

C. To audit periodically, and when deemed necessary by the Occupation Tax Officer, the books and records of the businesses subject to the provisions of this ordinance, and to require the submission of such additional information as may be necessary in order to correctly determine the amount of the occupation tax due and to insure the collection of same.

The occupational tax is state wide and once you purchase it for the calendar year it is good in every county. All counties have their own ordinances. The county I live in has a ordnance that when printed is 28 pages long just on the occupational tax. The neighboring county basically does not have a 28 page ordnance. So some time back I bought one over there. Just showed my state license answered some basic questions and was on my way with a $30 savings. When the OC Tax Officer here called me she said...Do you have a glynn county business license? I said, no. Business Licenses were declare un constitutional. She said I mean occupational tax ......occupational tax certificate? I said, no. She said. Well if you don't come pay for one I am going to write you a citation. I said. O.K

I was thinking it would be better to express myself about giving up rights in front of a judge and possible having the ordnance struck down and rewrote than bending over for them. And besides..I have a OT license.

[Edited by JAMES 3528 on 08-16-2005 at 12:28 PM]

Well who was it that said if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Maybe you'll get Martha's cell.

Let us know if you need us to send cigarettes for you to bargain with. Just remember; "what happens in prison, stays in prison." We don't want to be hearing about no midnight rendezvou's with Jerome or Bubba.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Fine is $200. My attorney says they have no case and called me a great American.

Originally posted by James 3528
    Fine is $200. My attorney says they have no case and called me a great American.

James: Go commando, i'm telling you go commando thats what a great american would do!

Boy I sure hope you dont lose, that would be one less night for you at the strip club 200 ones goes a long way.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Smile Yeah sure James!

Everytime I am am right, even the paperwork says I am right, this lawyer says, the language is not correct. I am right and I still lose.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

The lawyer, a number of lawyers have said they are wrong. The were wrong when they were charging for a business license. Understand that it is the language in this one ordinace that is wrong. The other county as far as I know did not have 28 pages.

Down there in Georgia don't they just lynch you without a hearing iffin you don't get a Business License? But maybe not you since you are white. I assume that you are white because no black man would own doggies that looked like that.

(but seriously, Good Luck. I am rooting for you on a lot of levels. As an American, small businessman, and a Board Bro. to name a few. Kick A$$!)

Kinda funny how a lawyer will tell you what the laws say but if you ask them to put that in writing so you can show someone for proof that the lawyer said that. NO WAY , THEY WONT DO IT . cant beieve what they say in my opinion . Lawyers are just a bunch of letter writers that will lie to keep you paying them to writer more letters. Once they cant get any more out of you ....THEIR OUT OF THERE.

I had two lawyers offer to represent me free of charge.

ACLU liberals huh?
    No consevative would, they only care about money.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Georgia prisons switched to powdered soap in the showers...

It takes longer to pick it up when you drop it!

Just kidding, Good Luck and remember this country was founded on fighting unfair taxes!

If you go to jail in Atlanta, maybe you can be in a rap video!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast