Thread: SWUD question

SWUD question

I'm having problems with one unit where i get a message on my tracer system that states "Temp. Reset Sensor Fail"- but i changed the temp sensor already.... any ideas?

Is there a command for "Reset Alarms"?

check for loose connections

checked loose connections but to no avail.... this unit if i set the setpoint temp to lets say 55 degrees it wont go any lower that 61 supply air and then goes from cooling level 1 to supply on.... only unit in building giving me problems

What version of tracer summit is it. When you open up the editor for the SWUD next to your supply air setpoint there is a referencer check box, Is that box checked? If so someone probablly has written a reset program or an analog variable that is or can be manipulated from for example a graphic, program etc... You can temporarily un check the referencer, type in your new setpoint and see if your active supply air setpoint changes, just remember to write down what it was referenced to or it could cause some issues when trying to reimplement the referencer. Are you a mechanic, controls guy or end user

try the unit stand alone auto/local sounds like the return is checking the DA especially when going from C1 to supply fan at 61F
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

I am new to package units... was working with a trane centravac before (love those machines) .... so i set the setpoint lower to 54 degrees....today the DA went all the way down to 61 and shot back to supply fan on then back to pre cool and cooling level 1.... i dont see that box checked on the reference... sorry if im confusing you guys this is all chinese to me as well

Try what maxter said. You will have to do this at the unit control panel. That will tell the unit to use "Local" settings vs "Remote" settings which come from Tracer. Maybe Tracer is telling it to reset Discharge Air Temperature by referencing a sensor that doesn't exist. Placing unit in "Local" is a very easy and quick test.

Good to see you Nuclr. How goes the new gig ?

ur sensor might need calibrating. maybe u need new sensor

sorry guys i screwed up.... i actually changed the space temp. sensor which i thought was bad.... does anyone know where exactly the supply air/ day cooling temp reset sensor is?

Hi Bamatech. Good to see you, too. I'm loving the new job. I'll make some calls to mutual friends for phone number and give you a call soon. FutureRMO, it's been a while since my limited experience on one of these, but I'll try. The supply air sensor should be easy to find; it's in the supply air section. I'm not trying to be funny, in fact I suspect you have already located it. I think that maybe part of the problem you're having is with Trane's terminology in labeling sensors and in the "shorthand" used in the display to describe sensor selection. This unit has the ability to have supply air temperature reset either "enabled" or "disabled". And reset can be done locally through the unit controls, or remotely through Tracer (however, if I remember correctly, when done through Tracer, unit is told to use remote setpoints from Tracer, and Tracer calculates setpoint reset value and tells the unit what that setpoint is, without calling it reset, just simply remote setpoint). Confused yet? Heck, I may be myself, lol. But wait, there's more! When reset is enabled, unit must be told which sensor it should reference in making it's determination on how much to reset (at least when using local settings; not sure when using remote or Tracer settings). The possibilities here include "return air temperature sensor" and .... others (oops, can't remember), the important thing to realize is some of the available choices are OPTIONAL sensors which your unit may not have! If a nonexistant sensor is selected the unit will see an "open" where that sensor is normally connected and it interpret it as a sensor failure. Kinda sounds familiar, doesn't it? Since this is the only unit giving this problem, I would look first to see if "Reset" is enabled. I would also compare this unit's setup to all others. I cannot over emphasize the importance of making sure you have the names of the sensors correct. There are several that have very similar names. I always had to write them down, because after just a minute or two I would be confused as to which one i was looking for. Good Luck, and maybe someone with more recent experience will chime in. And don't forget to let us know how it works out.

sorry for the late response.... apparently during construction of this floor the demo guys cut the line to the sensor so that is why im getting the error message .... so a quick call to trane and a tech told me the steps to disable the dip switch if anyone wants to know i can give info if allowed.... its a quick fix not a long term one but for the summer it will have to do now thanks for all the help