oooooold Safetronics VFD

anybody familiar with old VFD'd? Specifically, this old saftronics CIMR G2?

here's the scoop....this old workhorse just wont quit so I hate to replace it, but due to some other equipment changes, I need to increase the accel/decel parameters (Cn-08 and 09). it is set for 10 seconds now and my tower fan ramps up and down waaaay too fast.

So, I go into the programing using the "digital operator". I have the directions on how to change the settings, but the settings wont "change".
    *except* the Sn-03 parameter......it will let me change that one....so I do not think its an interface failure (of the "digital operator", like bad keypad buttons)

I can scroll thru all the system and control constants, and can see the data....however, it seems to be "locked".....or something.....

wondering if there is some sort of jumper on the board, or some "secret" parameter that locks in the settings....

I have tried tech support, they wont respond. (emails)

any ideas?

thanks in advance gang.....I appreciate any direction or opinions.....

I believe this is the manual for it, don't know if it helps.

http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmdrive....2018.5K%29.pdf

Takes a while to download

Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

The drive needs to be stopped in order to change those settings.
    UA LU 562

I believe DaveCR is correct.
    Rather than changing the VFD parameters, can you tune your PID control loop better? It's best not to mess with old equipment.

If the VFD is older than 10 years the Power Capacitors are due to fail anytime real soon. Since your doing some renovations you should consider replacing the VFD. By now it has paid for itself several times over and a new one will cost way less than what the first one cost.
    In case of malfunction-Reconnect brain BEFORE starting mouth.

A1-01 needs to be 0002 if its password protected.

Then, as DaveCR mentioned the drive must be stopped, via whatever method you are commanding it to run. Wait for the drive to actually stop, then you can change parameters.

Oops. The A1-01 password may not have been introduced that long ago. But its on the newer Yaskawa drives.

thanks for the replies.

Drive stopped to change parameters, check. (we use a jumper wire on terminals 1 to 11 to command drive to run forward)

changing the other controls is not really an option as we are running with the original NOVAR.....now quit laughing, we have a complete EMS changeout on the 5 year radar.....

we made some changes to the overall valve operation on the chillers. Chillers were tripping on low cond. water temp.....then oil flow....etc.

Now, the tower is "hunting" for setpoint. we have been able to narrow the temps to a 30 degree band, but want a 5 degree band.

Maybe its time for the old workhorse to head off to the glue factory.....

If its hunting, I would try increasing the proportional band (slowing reaction), as it will decrease overshoot.