Thread: UV light hookup

I need some advise on how to hookup a UV light to a furnace/air-handler in a way on which when the unit is not running deenrgize the light (summer or winter).
    Please be specific and with no or minimum cost to do so.
    Thanks

None that I have ever seen. It is hooked up to a 120 Volt source. There is a constant 120 V going to your air handler so unless you install a switch next to your thermostat that you yourself turn on and off is the only way I can see this happening. Just my 2 cents.

put "RIB" relay in the fan circuit - you should be able to handle from there.

If it is a newer furnace you will have an EAC terminal on the circuit board which is for an electronic air cleaner. This terminal is energized with the indoor blower.

uv light hook up

You may also use a sail switch so when the blower syarts running the sail switch located in the return air is spring loaded air movement closes switch no air movement opens switch the work great

Thumbs up

the easy way would be to use a relay or use eac terminal on the control board.. that way you are sure it works all the time when the blower is on,, it would be easy to forget to turn on a switch every time..

is this a supply or return mount? if a return do not use a sail switch in the return duct. it will probably only last a month.

i'm guessing it is a return mount due to the fact you want it to only come on with the blower. if it is a supply mount then power continuously.(for coil irradiation.)

also, if there is a media filter in the path of light, or any older plastic humidifiers/ coil pans, the uv will deteriorate these quickly.

good luck

if no eac connection use a pressure switch, sail switch would deteriorate.