Home unit is 19 yrs old. Never had any tbl except for "contactor" on indoor unit replaced about 10 yrs ago.
    Noticed unit running almost continously in cool mode w/outside temp btwn 88-92 degrees and indoor temp set to 78.
    Placed thermometer(vfy`d accurate)in floor vent about 5 ft from indoor blower output and this reads btwn 66 and 68. Did not have this problem last summer on hot days. Seems like air output should be cooler. Home is about 1900 sq ft.
    This Bard unit has been a real workhorse but thinking it
    might be low on freon. Also, anyone familar with the long term reliability of Coleman H. Pumps, which a commercial HVAC contractor recommended when my existing unit finally dies, or should I stick to Bard. Thanks

Bard doesn't make residential equipment any more.

Coleman would be fine as would about any brand IF PROPERLY INSTALLED. Too many aren't and are trouble.

Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    Bard doesn't make residential equipment any more.
    Sure they do, they just don't make some equipment lines that they used to (like gas fired furnaces).

Check them out here.

They make a horizontal discharge 10 SEER unit, that's about it plus oil furnace. The rest is specialty stuff like wall mounts and over/under packaged. No other splits that I can see.