Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cap tube to txv?

I have a reach in cooler job, very small unit with 3.8" suction and 1/8" cap tube. its a dual circuit evap with single fan. looking to replace with generic reach-in evap with adjust. tx valve. has anyone done this? its an off brand and i'd have to order the evap coil from somewhere in central america at a ridiculous cost, would be cheaper and faster to install low profile generic unit with tx.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if you have to get the coil from central america, which means the parts are that hard to come by, just get a new unit.. imo

Cool

Refrigeration hardware supply corporation # 800-716-6655

Don't know if this will help or not.....
    "The problem is the average person isnít tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and itís not in the movies they watch, and itís not in the few books that they buy, they donít get it" - Jack Canfield

that's what i'm going to do. thanks. customer will be better off in the long run too I think.

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    Don't know if this will help or not.....
    this is helpful. I agree, there is a blocked cap tube on this system as well. The only thing is there's a refrigerant leak and the evap coils are in terrible condition anyway. My thought is rather than monkey around trying to replace blocked tubes and braze rusty coils it might pay in this case to just pick up small reach-in unit and equip it with a txv. Its only a medium temp unit at a small flower shop and the condensing unit looks newer.

thanks again for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by conspiracy_luvr View Post
    this is helpful. I agree, there is a blocked cap tube on this system as well. The only thing is there's a refrigerant leak and the evap coils are in terrible condition anyway. My thought is rather than monkey around trying to replace blocked tubes and braze rusty coils it might pay in this case to just pick up small reach-in unit and equip it with a txv. Its only a medium temp unit at a small flower shop and the condensing unit looks newer.

thanks again for your input.
    I'm with you.

Shouldn't matter if you have a refrigerant leak of plugged cap tube(s) - the fact that you were interested in changing from a cap tube to txv is the reason for the link........to reassure you this could be done (changing to txv)....and ice did an excellent job of basically offering a step by step process for accomplishing this.

Whether you move forward with converting the unit or sell a new refrigerated fixture altogether, I wish you the best of luck.
    "The problem is the average person isnít tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and itís not in the movies they watch, and itís not in the few books that they buy, they donít get it" - Jack Canfield

So how are you going to get the liquid line up to the evaporator?

Will the existing condensing unit support a receiver?

Can you fit the new x-valve inside the coil?

Just asking questions.

I am gently trying to steer them into a new box. I told her today that I would be willing to bring the old one back to the shop and get it functioning as a backup.

My plan was to install an adjustable tx along with a hard start kit and simply re-route the liquid line along the back of the unit through a short piece of sch 40 to protect it. With off-cycle defrost I didn't see a need for anything elaborate, other than maybe a small accumulator near the comp.

You can run the liquid line up the back wall. ľĒ tubing is tough so you donít have to cove it.

Set the SH at the pump for 20 to 40*F and no accumulator needed.

Use a low pressure control as a temperature control.

switching from a cap tube I should be able to dx all the 1/4" line and come right off the evap with the 3/8" correct?

with the lp control, do I run a transformer and 24 volt control or as line voltage?

with the lp control, do I run a transformer and 24 volt control or as line voltage?
    well to answer your question you will need to know if the lp control is a switch and if so if its n.c. then for your transformer is it going to be a step up or a step down, so that you if you need the 24 volt or the line volt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast