Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dfelt View Post
    I'm wondering if indeed is a switch disconnect or a removable fuse block type for the condensing unit.If it is a pull type fuse block think before you would ever remove while under load.Who knows,if it,s raining or a super warm day and you,ve got a good sheen of sweat ,possibility of an arc?
    I would remove the low voltage signal to the contactor first.I,m just saying,b/c there have been times when homeowner isn,t even there,you've come across town,they're going to be billed min.anyway but hey you,re there and don't have access to anything but condensor unit so you want at least to check it out.
    What say thee?
    It is a fused disconnect. Except on commercial rooftop applications we have never installed a switch disconnect on a residential a/c. I would assume in a switch disconnect there is the same risk for an arc while switching with a load on the unit, I understand what you are saying and will keep that in mind.

pctech, thank you for your input. I ussually only tie items to cold pipes, however on that job you caught me, I must not have thought about it.

Thanks,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by dfelt View Post
    I'm wondering if indeed is a switch disconnect or a removable fuse block type for the condensing unit.If it is a pull type fuse block think before you would ever remove while under load.Who knows,if it,s raining or a super warm day and you,ve got a good sheen of sweat ,possibility of an arc?
    I would remove the low voltage signal to the contactor first.I,m just saying,b/c there have been times when homeowner isn,t even there,you've come across town,they're going to be billed min.anyway but hey you,re there and don't have access to anything but condensor unit so you want at least to check it out.
    What say thee?
    Pulling out the pull type disconnect doesnt bother me. Plugging them back in however, does, especially when I just got done washing the condenser out. Personally, I'd rather have the breaker style disconnects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12