Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier Infinity Variable Speed Heat Pump Product Data is Out

cant wait to try one of these out. i attended a dealer meeting a while back where I first learned of these. are any of the other manufacturers doing this yet?

I want to know when it's going to be unveiled so I can have one installed this summer, I know they mentioned summer time but when..... June, July...? anyone know when exactly ?

carrier vna heat pump

these are shipping july 1st, if you look at the ari data, both the 2 ton and the 3 ton require the use of the fe4anf06 variable air handler, which is huge!!! althought this is a very cool product, its twice the cost of a two stage and isnt rated for multiple furnaces, also, if you remember back in the early 90s trane tried this... at 12-13 hspf it will have a niche

Quote Originally Posted by isuredo View Post
    these are shipping july 1st, if you look at the ari data, both the 2 ton and the 3 ton require the use of the fe4anf06 variable air handler, which is huge!!! althought this is a very cool product, its twice the cost of a two stage and isnt rated for multiple furnaces, also, if you remember back in the early 90s trane tried this... at 12-13 hspf it will have a niche

This is not true. The 3 ton is rated with the FE4ANF002 (ari 18.6 SEER, HSPF 10.5) through FE4ANB006 (20.5 SEER, HSPF 13).

The 2 ton / FE4ANF002 (ARI 19.1 SEER, 10.5) FE4ANB006 (20.5 SEER, HSPF 13)

I just went to the training class today in Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by mahlv View Post
    cant wait to try one of these out. i attended a dealer meeting a while back where I first learned of these. are any of the other manufacturers doing this yet?
    Per another professional member, Tappan has been doing residential split systems with variable speed compressors for years.

In the mini-split market, so have mitsubishi.

I wonder how variable speed it is. Hopefully it's not like carriers "not so modulating, modulating furnace."
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Per another professional member, Tappan has been doing residential split systems with variable speed compressors for years.

In the mini-split market, so have mitsubishi.

I wonder how variable speed it is. Hopefully it's not like carriers "not so modulating, modulating furnace."

Carrier's documents show that the capacity range is 40-100%. While that is better than the capacity split of the typical 2 stage Copeland unit, the low end is much higher than the Japanese systems from Mitsu, Daikin, Sanyo and Fujitsu. Their systems go down into the mid 20's% (and can actually exceed 100%). A 4 ton unit can go down as low as about 1 ton and with multiple air handlers connected (up to 8), that small load could be spread between multiple zones.

Based upon the literature, I'm kind of surprised that they are not using an EEV for the inside metering device as well as just the outside metering device.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver06 View Post
    Based upon the literature, I'm kind of surprised that they are not using an EEV for the inside metering device
    Who says their not?
    I heard something about it.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Who says their not?
    Unless I'm reading it wrong or they changed it, the first page of the PDF at the top of this page says under:

Reliability

Electronic expansion valve (EXV) for heating, TXV for cooling

???

Who says their not?
    The fan coil units are the same as have been out for years. They have a TXV.

Gandalf01

Quote Originally Posted by isuredo View Post
    Ahhh the good old day of the Trane variable, good idea poor execution. Too bad but wait whats this I hear from down Tyler Tx. way it's baaaaaaaaaaaack, yes folks the Trane, American Standard and who knows maybe Ingersoll...variable is due for a encore, lets hope that they bought enough Japanese Engineers from Mitsu or who-ever to get it right this time, and if memory serves that Tappen unit...well was it not Panasonic???

Norvin
    Redding Ca.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf01 View Post
    Ahhh the good old day of the Trane variable, good idea poor execution. Too bad but wait whats this I hear from down Tyler Tx. way it's baaaaaaaaaaaack, yes folks the Trane, American Standard and who knows maybe Ingersoll...variable is due for a encore, lets hope that they bought enough Japanese Engineers from Mitsu or who-ever to get it right this time, and if memory serves that Tappen unit...well was it not Panasonic???

Norvin
    Redding Ca.
    Cool. Is it just hearsay or do you have a link?

And welcome to H-talk!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast