Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Tim,We know.It will eventually pan out and the complaints will end to some degree.

Sorry for the late reply cracker, I'll get the info Monday. Glad to see you get a compressor off the shelf.
    Saddle Up!

Hi Tim!
    Nice to see an old friend on here!
    Brian (Canada)

Is this Brian S from CE?

Originally posted by ultralow787
    Hi Tim!
    Brian (Canada)
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Sure is Buddy! How's it going?

Originally posted by ultralow787
    Hi Tim!
    Brian (Canada)
    Hi Brian. Its been awhile. Nice to see that you are still around here. I'm still with the company, but we are planning on moving back down south this year, and we'll see what happens then. Tim

I am having the same problem with there pricing, but OEM compressors are built better.
    I have confirmed this by back dooring at copeland through an Engineer buddy. Internal parts are better,stronger, including the wrist pin. and the electric motor is made to run cooler.
    Over the counter compressors will not last as long. Copeland over the counter replacements for the OEM m/n compressors have no warranties

I know this is an old thread but...

Does anyone have the model # for the compressors on the #3662 mentioned above? I've been chasing this most of the day and can't find it. The great guy that is doing the work on my frig has been also. We're both coming up blank. The #'s stenciled on the side of the compressor don't bring anything up.

Thanks!
    Chris

jeepcat, did you ever find a compressor for the Forma Scientific 2662 refrigerator? I have one with a bad compressor, and am having no luck finding info.

Quote Originally Posted by -80guru View Post
    I used a new tecumseh condensing unit.
    I know this was a while ago, but would you happen to remember the part number?

Quote Originally Posted by chillin cracker View Post
    Late reply boys. Got a compressor from Johnstone , same capacity, fit in tight Jap. space, wopping $125.00 .Running like a champ.Goodbuy Forma.
    Do you happen to still have the part number?

Quote Originally Posted by cyro View Post
    I am having the same problem with there pricing, but OEM compressors are built better.
    I have confirmed this by back dooring at copeland through an Engineer buddy. Internal parts are better,stronger, including the wrist pin. and the electric motor is made to run cooler.
    Over the counter compressors will not last as long. Copeland over the counter replacements for the OEM m/n compressors have no warranties
    This is not true. It is not as if they use cheaper parts, but for certain applications they can use different parts, assembly, machining or even designs that will be slightly different from standard aftermarket compressors. This is true for ice machines, high volume customers like True, and always for scientific applications. For scientific applications the volume does not come close to making up for the extra costs to make special compressors so the OEMs and aftermarket both pay a lot more. If you have the same model number, you have the same compressor as the OEM. And I would not want the liability of putting the wrong compressor into a unit without fully informing the customer, and only offering such an option when the leadtime requires it.

(Semi-Hermetics and the slight difference of rebuilds being mixed into the equation.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12