Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down

Anyone have another source for a comp. for this box. Forma wants $600.00 and 4 weeks to deliver.Another reason I tell people not to buy equipment with Japanese parts.Buy USA made reefers.I,ve changed these out on Forma boxes before but the price and delivery is rediculus.

I agree,and unfortunately they are now Forma Electron and will probaly set the standard on some types of equipment.Ugh...

What's the unit model no.? Is this a private label by Sanyo? ThermoElectron, who owns Forma, now also owns Kendro(Revco/Puffer Hubbard/Harris/Sorvall/Hereaus and more), so it should be interesting to see the business model for that. But let me know which unit you need compressor for.

What model number is this unit? I know the prices are out of hand. Tim

Hi Tim, he mentions "Japanese parts"- is Forma still private-labeling Sanyo's?

I used a new tecumseh condensing unit.
    Saddle Up!

Yes they are. They struggle like hell getting parts from sanyo. Good luck, I just waited a few months for a sanyo comp. Tim

These people overcharge, they wanted $242 for the same part I picked up at Graingers for $71, 3Ph monitor LOL.

Thumbs up

thanks to all for replies.

rimek; this unit is M# 3662. Yes it has SANYO comps.Would you believe I called FORMA today and they want$1118.60 for the can and $187.00 for the relay and 16weeks delivery!!!
    Didn,t want to be rude but laughed out loud on the phone . Told her last one I bought from them was $560.00 2yrsago.End of conversation.

80 guru; do u recall which Tecumseh condenser fit this box.

If I get a chance, I'll stop by one of these in my turf and see what's up for fitting a tecumseh in there. All OEM's will mark-up their parts, not just Forma. But I' rather use an Icebox than give any support to Sanyo, or be stuck waiting for delivery like that.
    There is a Sanyo parts distribution place in IL that may have better pricing and possible stock-I know they didn't carry the ultra-low compressors, but this is a fridge.

SANYO Scientific
    SANYO E & E America Co.
    1062 Thorndale Avenue
    Bensenville, IL 60106 USA
    Toll-Free USA 800-858-8442
    Fax 630-238-0074
    Email: info@sanyobiomedical.com

I think Cary is still there-nice guy

SANYO Canada, Ltd.
    300 Applewood Crescent
    Concord, Ontario L4K 5C7
    416-889-3107
    Fax 416-889-3117
    Email: info@sanyobiomedical.com

You can check out their Base biomedical line to determine which unit would match yours-http://www.sanyobiomedical.com/products/biorefrigerators/

Thumbs up

Late reply boys. Got a compressor from Johnstone , same capacity, fit in tight Jap. space, wopping $125.00 .Running like a champ.Goodbuy Forma.

chances are if this is a compressor for the low stage you will be chaning out that compressor again in a year or two. The low stage comps may look like there just a normal can but the internals have a few extras. The low stage cans are rated for a much higher compresson ratio and hare made with tougher parts and slight design changes to handle the compresson ratio for a longer life. Medical equipment is expensive, and so is the parts they use (usually). They need to meet tougher standards to be approved for use in the medical fields.
    "I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way."

"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

The unit he got the comp for is just a lab refrigerator, not a cascade freezer. The whole price thing is going to get worse, and its not the folks in Ohio doing it. Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast