Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    The first version of the board was the best...
    I think the site looked a lot like this back in '06......It was like seeing an old friend again
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    Only Pro's with their info in the Global area will be allowed to reply to and assist an equipment owner. You will have an * by your user group name such as Professional Member*.
    How is it going to be determined who gets an * by their name or not? Do we have to resubmit our credentials to be allowed into the Global area, or just sign up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    I need a key to get on the map. Can someone assist me?

No key is needed if you are talking about the membership map. Just click on Additions and fill out either the simple or detailed marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    05-12-2011

For the Professional Members there will be an Advertisement Global look up. This will be the only interactive multi-use global locator containing professionals of all matrix levels to our industry in the world today. There will be a form that our Professional Members will fill out and email to Admin. The contained information will be added to this Global locator. When a Guest needs a Professional in his area they simply zoom to their hometown and see who is close, view the information and click on your work website link or call the contact phone number you give. It will not be associated with your site user name.

-lusker
    Quote Originally Posted by big sky hvac View Post
    How is it going to be determined who gets an * by their name or not? Do we have to resubmit our credentials to be allowed into the Global area, or just sign up for it?
    I am working on the form now but I have to work, work also. It all just takes time. This will be one of the first things we implement, the Global look up, so we can get it filled before the AOP opens.

I am so glad to see that members must conduct themselves verbally as professionals. Thank you very much hvac-talk.

Will there be a way to pull energy use information? Members could authorize pulling from utilities, or allow you to connect to their Infinity Control (I hear the new version keeps track of how often you sneeze).

I'm looking for someone to provide an easy way to track before and after energy use, and am happy to discuss how it might look. Think of the eyeballs you could capture. People would come back every month even if they had no problems to solve.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

additions tab

where do i find the additions TAB?

Making a great site even better,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks
    "It aint rocket science"

I didn't ask if it was rocket science i asked wher is the additions tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Dale View Post
    I didn't ask if it was rocket science i asked wher is the additions tab.
    Ricky... that's his signature line. It wasn't a reference to your post.

The additions MENU is third from the left right under the Zee Maps Logo.

View, Map, ADDITIONS and so on. It's a drop down. Click on additions and chose Add Marker Simple or Detailed depending on what info you want on your marker.

Hmm

Hope that you're considering a mobile app for htalk for android phones also. Not everyone on here has an I phone.

Another thing that I think would be a good idea is to have the location a required field when signing up, before being able to even create/reply to a post. It would make it a lot easier if we knew what part of the country people live in when they start to inquire about equipment and options.

Quote Originally Posted by big sky hvac View Post
    Another thing that I think would be a good idea is to have the location a required field when signing up, before being able to even create/reply to a post. It would make it a lot easier if we knew what part of the country people live in when they start to inquire about equipment and options.
    Would make 50% of the threads a lot more concise.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast