Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Can I make my Htalk play the theme to Ghostbusters when I log in?? If your new technology can't do that then... Well, I guess I'll keep having to press play on my walkman whenever I log in.

Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    Can I make my Htalk play the theme to Ghostbusters when I log in?? If your new technology can't do that then... Well, I guess I'll keep having to press play on my walkman whenever I log in.
    LOL

Looking forward to the changes Lusker! Thanks to the design committee in advance for all the time they're putting into this!

interactive multi-use global locator

My first impression is that this could generate some contacts for work opportunities.

Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Two Idea's (only cause I don't know where to post)

#1. So many people come on here with problems. Break it down by state and let the pro-members contact them privately for work. Do not sell their email, let them be ale to contact a pro on here. The initial contact must be made by them to the pro. This would keep five different hvac contractors from harassing them, let them choose.

#2. Wall of pride. Have a competition between pros for the best looking job. This would be an annual event and you must be choose to compete or submit a letter to the admin staff explaining why you would like to compete. Pics would be judged by all.

Both would help monetize the site.
    Always here

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    Two Idea's (only cause I don't know where to post)

#1. So many people come on here with problems. Break it down by state and let the pro-members contact them privately for work. Do not sell their email, let them be ale to contact a pro on here. The initial contact must be made by them to the pro. This would keep five different hvac contractors from harassing them, let them choose.

#2. Wall of pride. Have a competition between pros for the best looking job. This would be an annual event and you must be choose to compete or submit a letter to the admin staff explaining why you would like to compete. Pics would be judged by all.

Both would help monetize the site.
    It's not a secret that we are going to start a DIY area. BUT>>> it will be called the Ask Our Pro's - Owner Assistance Forum or AOP. To keep this area from overwhelming the site due to size we have it broken down a little better than this.

Only Pro's with their info in the Global area will be allowed to reply to and assist an equipment owner. You will have an * by your user group name such as Professional Member*.

Like I said, there is a lot more coming and we are still working on some details.

I really like the contest idea too.

Just don't do anything that is going to make me think! It hurts.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    It's not a secret that we are going to start a DIY area. BUT>>> it will be called the Ask Our Pro's - Owner Assistance Forum or AOP. To keep this area from overwhelming the site due to size we have it broken down a little better than this.

Only Pro's with their info in the Global area will be allowed to reply to and assist an equipment owner. You will have an * by your user group name such as Professional Member*.

Like I said, there is a lot more coming and we are still working on some details.

I really like the contest idea too.
    Hope you charge on your "ask the pros" section. Trying to give you money is like inviting my mother-in-law over. (it's tough and I can't find a way to do it)

Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    Hope you charge on your "ask the pros" section. Trying to give you money is like inviting my mother-in-law over. (it's tough and I can't find a way to do it)
    When Penton/Contracting Business purchased HTalk they made a promise to keep this forum FREE to all members. The same manufactures praised and bashed here are paying the bills through advertisements.

When an equipment owner(EO) speaks with an authorized pro there will only be so much information that can be given. At that time the EO will be directed to the global area to find one of our site pro businesses. The answering pro may not be in the EO's area but could be in your area so you will get the nod. This means we all work together.

The global pin placement for your company will also be free. You will start with 4 stars. If your company get's bad reviews you lose stars. If you lose all of your stars you will be removed from the global look up.

There will be a pin color for residential and another for commercial companies. There will be a separate color for a company that does both resi and comm. There will be a legend to explain who is who.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Just to say thanks to the Admin boys. I genuinely appreciate everything you do for us Newbie's to the industry and keeping the forum up to date takes a ton of on going effort.

THANKS!
    You cannot cheat an honest man. But that doesn't stop people trying!

Can I have a *
    Always here

Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    When Penton/Contracting Business purchased HTalk they made a promise to keep this forum FREE to all members. The same manufactures praised and bashed here are paying the bills through advertisements.

When an equipment owner(EO) speaks with an authorized pro there will only be so much information that can be given. At that time the EO will be directed to the global area to find one of our site pro businesses. The answering pro may not be in the EO's area but could be in your area so you will get the nod. This means we all work together.

The global pin placement for your company will also be free. You will start with 4 stars. If your company get's bad reviews you lose stars. If you lose all of your stars you will be removed from the global look up.

There will be a pin color for residential and another for commercial companies. There will be a separate color for a company that does both resi and comm. There will be a legend to explain who is who.
    How is a passerby a member?

The first version of the board was the best...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

I need a key to get on the map. Can someone assist me?
    Always here

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast