Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

To All HTalkers - Upgrades Coming Soon

05-12-2011

Within the next week, possibly two we will be upgrading our site software. The newest version of VBB has a little different in look and feel. Do not be alarmed. It is an easy conversion and you will feel right at home within a few short minutes of browsing around.

This new version will give more capabilities to the Administrators and to the Membership. It will give the user, a way to change the way HVAC-Talk looks by changing colors and themes. More on this soon.

Once the main software has changed we will give you a chance to kick the tires before performing other upgrades. Yes, there will be many upgrades to the site via our Site Design Committee. User tasks such as adding an Avatar or how to post a picture and how to upload an attachment will soon be set to individual video links. A simple click and you will not only see but hear how it’s done.

Our Committees will be working on the site for several months not only with visual improvements but additional usage for new quick menus, Facebook links, tweeter and give our mobile users a better experience as well.

For the Professional Members there will be an Advertisement Global look up. This will be the only interactive multi-use global locator containing professionals of all matrix levels to our industry in the world today. There will be a form that our Professional Members will fill out and email to Admin. The contained information will be added to this Global locator. When a Guest needs a Professional in his area they simply zoom to their hometown and see who is close, view the information and click on your work website link or call the contact phone number you give. It will not be associated with your site user name.

There is a lot to discuss and many more changes to come. This will only be the beginning of a renewed Htalk experience for us all.

More on this as it becomes ready for view.

-lusker

This is great !

You admin guys really bust your hump for us on the work you do for the site.

I want to let you know how much I appreciate all your efforts. Thanks to you this is the best site on the web with more & more information available everyday.

I really like the idea of the global locater so any homeowner can find a pro in his area to get the work done right. I had the same thoughts about this a few months ago, but it must have been a long day and never did suggest it.

Thank you for all your good work - you are appreciated.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

Who do you rent your servers from? (pm me)
    Always here

You know us gruppy old coots hate changes don’t you?

liquid web
    Always here

What are we doing about smart phones? I want an HVAC-TALK app on my iPhone lol!!!!!!
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    Is that what you use?
    yes
    Always here

Being able to get on it on the iphone would be most helpful! Does tapatalk work with this forum??

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Being able to get on it on the iphone would be most helpful! Does tapatalk work with this forum??
    We will have to install the software here before any of the phone software will work. Like I said, there are a few to chose from and we must test each one before we release the best one. This will be after we upgrade and kick the tires.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast