Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want 65!!!!!

Just got off the phone with a krustomer. Serviced his A/C 3 weeks ago. Calls me to tell me that his A/C is not working right. It's only 75 in the house and he wants it to be 70! he tells me that he is sweating and uncomfortable. It's 105 out on my porch, in the shade and that his A/C is working as it needs to be. "Yeah, well my outside thermometer says 115!" Told him to go outside for 15 minutes and do something and then come back in and let me know how it's working then. I'm waiting for his call...
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Yeah i know the feeling im on call its 77 in my house the a/c is not wotking its 100 deg and u tell them its doing best the unit can and same answer well its not working somethings wrong

Call the customer back and let him know that you would be most happy to design a system to maintain 65 degrees indoor with a 120 degree outdoor temp. Give him a rough estimate for the second system, ductwork and controls over the phone. That will usually make 75 degrees feel much more comfortable, but.......you never know. You might be installing that second system.

Originally posted by james mo
    Call the customer back and let him know that you would be most happy to design a system to maintain 65 degrees indoor with a 120 degree outdoor temp. Give him a rough estimate for the second system, ductwork and controls over the phone. That will usually make 75 degrees feel much more comfortable, but.......you never know. You might be installing that second system.
    I'm thinking a nice low temp refrigeration system is in order. Make it so his wife doesn't have to put the groceries away.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Question Right $

Originally posted by james mo
    maintain 65 degrees indoor with a 120 degree outdoor temp.
    Give him a rough estimate for the second system, ductwork and controls over the phone.

That will usually make 75 degrees feel much more comfortable, but.......you never know. You might be installing that second system.

I can do it for $18,765.43
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

low baller
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Estimating

Originally posted by twilli3967
    low baller
    I assumed the house is MAX 900 Sq. Feet
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Sorry I didn't have the spec's yet.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Talking not cool enough

Price them a walk-in cooler

Exclamation Re: not cool enough

Originally posted by davesrha
    Price them a walk-in cooler
    So U can be COOL!
    ___ along with your Wine @ 56'F
    Designer Dan

Praise Jesus! It's a miracle!

Went out to the home that wasn't cooling down. I prayed like my mama taught me to pray on my ride out there. Stopped in the driveway and the wife greeted me with a cup of coffee and a smile. ~nice~

I installed the system a year ago and was there a few days, all I remember from the install was the good -=Free=- coffee.

She makes great coffee.

Told me that her husband will be out shortly and that she told him not to call, but (rolling her eyes) he insisted saying it should keep the house @ 70 no matter what the outside temperature was and that something was not working right even though it was 115 here yesterday.

Out comes dopey. "Hey how's it going" He was winded from cleaning up from yesterdays blow through weather. Don't get me wrong, he a hellava nice guy, good tipper too. "My friend from the supply house" Ah-Ha! Yes, go on... "Said that the house should stay at 70 no matter what". Ok.. And.. "So he said that there might be a compression problem with the condenser outside and that he wanted to take a look at it, so I told him that I would call you first and have you stop by." A befuddeled look crosses my face and I continue to enjoy this free cup from the God's. With a smile on my face. So I ask him how was his friend going to check the compression, and if it was compression and not compressor he was talking about. Nope. "My friend has a compression tester that he uses on engines that he services and that an a/c compressor was very similar to a car's engine. He would call the manufacturer for the specs" I stopped him there in his tracks because this was starting to get out of hand and correction needed to be applied. I sip his coffee. Showed him my guages, my superheat kit, my pretty little RSES certification card, walked him over to his condenser and showed him how everything worked. "Oh..." from his wife comes "I told you.. He works for a supplier for 3 mo. and your ready to believe everything he tells you.." I excused myself, told the wife that it would be no charge at all because I was fed and entertained...
    You just can't make this sh*t up....
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Re: Praise Jesus! It's a miracle!

Originally posted by atufano
    She makes great coffee.

Out comes dopey. "Hey how's it going"

A befuddeled look crosses my face and I continue to enjoy this free cup from the God's. With a smile on my face.
    At u Fan o,

Maybe, just maybe you'll be An Author soon!
    Designer Dan

Re: Re: Praise Jesus! It's a miracle!

Originally posted by dan sw fl
    Originally posted by atufano
    She makes great coffee.

Out comes dopey. "Hey how's it going"

A befuddeled look crosses my face and I continue to enjoy this free cup from the God's. With a smile on my face.
    At u Fan o,

Maybe, just maybe you'll be An Author soon!
    Hey, I really enjoy good coffee.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast