help trane tracer problems

Confused

got a trane tracer system, controls some chill water units and two trance screw chillers in a factory i am working in.it seems that the tracer system controls the opening of the chill water valve on each unit. it opens the valves by a solenoid actuator,only half of the solenoids are functioning, so i removed the ones that dont work and used a plastic ty-rap to hold the valve open so the chill water goes in the coil. now i have another problem, it seems the activation of the blower fan is also controled by this tracer. please keep in mind this company is very poor as in no money for parts, i want to know if anyone one out there can tell me if it is possable to by pass (jump out) the part of the circuit board that controls the fan comming on. the tracer system cant be fixed properly as they refuse to by parts or call the trane service team to come in and look at this problem. (they owe trane 20,000 and wont pay...) i am the junior mechanice, its the weekend, i am alone, can any one help me out with a fix as to getting the fan to stay on for more than 5 minutes. thank you for your time.

in addition

i forgot to say this part... there is a way to switch the units to local and off of remote, remote beeing tracer controled, local beeing wall stat controled. this function is not working due to the computer malfuntion that we cant fix.

This thread should be in the Controls forum.

I don't work for Trane, but I do work for a controls contractor.

I understand your predicament, but the best advice I can give you is to have a controls professional repair your system.

You could "jump out" a bunch of safeties, and manually control fans and valves, but you would only be creating more work for yourself. You could also be creating more problems than you would solve.

Someone could get hurt, how much would that cost the owners?

Equipment could be damaged, how much would that cost the owners?

Productivity will suffer, how much will that cost the owners?

Sorry, no easy answers for this situation. Tell the owners to wake up and smell the coffee.

thank you for the reply Freez-stat. the owners really should wake up your correct about that. this place is going down hill fast might close soon, like sept 13.. no more job... sucks.. anyway your right i cant just jump out controls thats not a good way to do things. ill have to just tell them i cant fix it and they need to pay trane there money.

Good luck to you pc-hvac...

I think you will do well!

Hey Freeze Stat, Idi not know that there still was anyone around who read Pogo!
    Len
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Hey snipe,

I haven't seen it in the paper in years. Just ran across a couple of web sites.

Our Service Department has jokingly adopted "We have met the enemy..." as out motto. Meaning don't shoot ourselves in the foot, plenty of others will shoot it for us!

Hey PC. This is your 3rd. post about this dying factory.
    Your talking about DDC controls here in the TRACER controls you have. You can,t just JUMP OUT the Inputs and Outputs of the boards. You don,t have a fuctioning BAS now.
    Get your RESUME up to date and good luck.
    Oh ya, if your not tied down, look at relocating to the SUNBELT .Lots of HVAC and REEFER. jobs.

Hi pc,
    The fan can likley be jumped out at the air handler.Does
    it have a contactor? You should be able to jump control voltage to its coil. Its usually ok for the fan to run
    constant durring occupied hours. Actually its recommended
    This isnt a vav duct system is it??
    I agree...Get your resume in order. Get all the knowledge and experiance you can at this factory, Make all the
    costly mistakes on there equipment,learn from it,then leave!

Whoa!

Are there dampers that need to open before the fan starts?

Any other safeties?

Don't tell him to jump things out before he knows what will happen!

Freeze stat is right, I should have asked for more info on this system. Thats why I asked if its a VAV system but
    I didnt think of the other possible dampers. I hope you
    know to make damn sure its ok for the fan to come on before jumping it. Sorry if I caused you any trouble