+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hvac-talk mobile??

Post Likes

hvac-talk mobile??

I read a thread one time saying it was going to happen. Im just curious as to when. My droid doesn't work quite as fast when going through the full site.

Post Likes
    We presented our new upgrades to Penton last week. We are now waiting on the clearance to bring the upgrades to the main site. It will be about a month after we upgrade the site before we will include the mobile. This is because we will need time to shake the bugs out first.

Hang in there.

Post Likes
    Much appreciated!!! You guys don't get credit enough for the work y'all do. I do appreciate having a place to share ideas and help each other out. Thanks again Lusker!!

Post Likes
    Will the mobile app be for Blackberry also?

Post Likes
    If you change some settings in your user cp the site will work faster.
    You have to disable signatures and avatars. You can change the # of posts per page to 5.
    The site would be a lot faster if the ads on the page were staged differently. Everytime you load a page you have to load a new ad and feed for that ad.

Post Likes
    The other site I frequent use add on apps to forum software. One is Tapatalk and the other is ForumRunner. I use ForumRunner the most. The administrator for the site I use most said it was not a big deal at all. In fact he originally did not have ForumRunner set up and when I asked him if he could he had it set up in a mater of minutes.

Post Likes
    That is correct... it only takes a few minutes to do....

As soon as Penton let's our IT guys get to our software updates then we will be incorporating everything we can.

When will the IT guys will do this? I'm not holding my breath anymore. I could do it myself but they won't give me access.

Post Likes
    You keep badmouthing the it guys and you won't have any access

Post Likes
    I know it's been a few months since anyone has posted in this thread, but is this still in the works? I'm actually posting this on my iPhone right now and it's a little laggy. I do a large portion of my daily Internet browsing on my phone and it would be nice to see this site go mobile.

Post Likes
    I would like to see this entire site upgraded but we have been waiting since Jan of 2011 for IT to find the time to do it soooooooo I stopped holding my breath and realized they don't give a crap.

Until you guys hear different this site is what it is.

Post Likes
    Just an update to this in case anyone is still looking for a mobile option. I have been using the "Tapatalk" forum app on my iPhone and iPad to access this forum and it works pretty well.

Post Likes
    You have to disable signatures and avatars. You can change the # of posts per page to 5.
    The site would be a lot faster if the ads on the page were staged differently. Everytime you load a page you have to load a new ad and feed for that ad.

Removed Link. Issued warning. One more post with a link like this and your outta here.
    Last edited by Stamas; 06-20-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Removed link to Paris purse sales.

Post Likes
    This Is Knightridder45 And I Just Got Your HVAC-Talk App. But It Won't Let Me Log In. Can Somebody Give Me Any Help. I Really Want This On My Android Phone..... Thank You

Post Likes
    I Just Got Your HVAC-Talk App And It Will Not Let Me Log In. I Would Really Like To Have It On My Android Phone.... Will Somebody Help Me Please.... Thank You

Post Likes

Post Likes

HVAC-TALK.COM

Thats What It Says. It Was In The Google Play For Android... http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/?f-9.html/.

Post Likes
    Your link takes me the our site main page. Once again, HVAC-Talk has no app of its own. We use Tapatalk and Forumrunner within our site so smartphone owners can download and use one of these market apps.

I just checked my smartphone, both apps, and they are working fine logging in and off of our site.

I'm sorry but I have no way of helping you.

Post Likes
    So it appears there is now a mobile version of the site since the change last night

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    It is standard in the new software.
    So the Android app doesn't work at this point in time? I was starting to think I had to be a professional member to use it!

That would explain why I can't long in as well. I will uninstall it and use Taptalk instead.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in