Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So who's brought in new blood to this site from work? customers?

I've recommended heating help to some hos and hvactalk to some coworkers. I know of one I worked with who likes the walls of pics threads.

Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

I've shown it to some and talked about it to others. I don't think they pursued it any further.
    Get back to work.™

I've showed it to Dad, but I think he's got the mental idea that you can't believe nothing off the net.

I'm always tellin the guys I work around I know a bunch of people who can answer just about every question (HVAC related anyway). But I don't think they have much interest in it either. Oh well... what makes me smarter makes me worth more right?

I got one customer from here.

He was a lurker and thought I wuz smart.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

most of the people I have talked to about the benefits of this site ... they never followed thru. To my knowledge.

If this site doesnt interest an industry person ... then that person shouldnt be in this industry! Period!

Friends recommended the site to me, and I have brought a few more onboard.

I was hired by a guy who used to post a lot.

I've referred customers (HVAC Pros) to the site. They told me later "Hey we read some of your posts, you really DO know what you are doing!"

Senior Tech Guest
    I preach the HVAC-TALK gospel every chance I get...reason:

Our field of work relies heavily on the gathering of information...correct information, and application of that information.
    Have you ever found another site with such an abundance of information and combined knowledge? Your answer should have been no, even Diceman who appears to be just a joker is knowledgable...(Just suffering from the Hawkeye Pierce syndrome which we have grown to love...).
    In essence, we all have the ability to grow and learn from each other, in truth I learn much more from this site then I educate others on this site...I learn from veteran techs as well as newbie techs, I'm proud, but not to the extent that I will sacrice learning based on the "newness" of someone in the field.
    In a nutshell I suggest to anyone in the field that if they want to learn then jump aboard the HVAC-TALK boat...if you don't wanna learn then jump aboard anyway...it gives us all someone to pick on...

I told "Supplymike" about it a lonnnnnng time ago. He posts here occaisionally.

Knox CO. KY Occupation: Residintial and Commercial instalation, service,and commercial refrigeration. Interests:4wheeling and Hunting
    I'v told some friends in the trade and my boss they have all checked it out but don't think they come here much.
    GiT-R-Done!!!

I've definatly spread the word on this great site .

GoodHumorMan is a good buddy of mine from the trenches we call supermarkets

I get $1.59 for every person I refer.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I've saved 10% on my Car Insurance by logging-in, so I tell anyone who will listen...

Those that don't come don't know what they're missing. Too bad.

It's great to have such a resources like the internet and hvactalk to access information, especially considering in many areas you're hard pressed to find books, etc. on any particular trade.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast