I went to go buy booze for a party and the "mark up" thread left for cyber space. I know that much already so no need to repeat it. Tell me how dirty it got.

ya got me James I thought it was pretty civil compared to the way a lot of the posts go sometimes. It seemed like each side was giving his justification of how they felt. I dont know about the remark as far as bobo the clown being to do as much as the average tech but I was looking to see if the original poster answered my question of what he did for a living. It must have gotten nasty after that being I really didnt see anything that ugly. Maybe it was being some prices were mentioned ?

[Edited by dec on 08-13-2005 at 09:11 PM]

I missed it. I need to pay more attention.
    Get back to work.

Pricing... and you guys know it was going to get ugly REAL QUICK, if it wasn't pulled.

It is dumb to pull that thread on pricing. Pricing in respect to a capacitor change out is a hell of a lot of difference then pricing a change out or some thing like that.

Well, rules are rules... not that I'm in charge or anything. But, you know that thread would have caused trouble from here on out.

If some other homeowner would had seen it, they would have started another like it and on and on...

Sometimes it's better to nip it in the butt quick.

It's very seldom that you can convince someone that your charges are fair, reasonable and justified.
    (I know, I have discussed this matter with several people, and it will always end up being a 2-3 hr conversation before they see the light... that is IF they see the light)

This is just my opinion...

For the record, even this conversation should be taking place on the pro thread and not in 'general discussion.'

I'm like you James, was out this afternoon, so don't know how it disintegrated. But, our follow up should be elsewhere, don't you think?
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Well I have been here from the start just about and when the pricing rule started ....it was not started over the pricing of a capacitor.

It started becasue of home owners posting quotes on change outs.

This on the other hand was just plain fun.

Lloyd, you have mail...