My favorite holiday.
    This is Battle Day Weekend here in town. The Revolutionary War Battle was fought near here on August 16th 1777. This little conservative New England town does a pretty good job of celebrating and remembering the event. Lots of things going on. The big thing tomorrow is a 2 hour parade.

One cool thing that happen today is that the folks from New Hampshire brought over "Old Molly" and fired her off up at the Bennington Monument. Old Molly is a brass cannon that was captured from the British during the battle.

Can you imagine any machine that we work on that would still be in working order 225 years from now?

Wow I'm in the beers already and I still have to make the chowder.

Do you remember the first time the cannon was fired?

Originally posted by bigbird
    Do you remember the first time the cannon was fired?
    Yeah I had to pay her a few bucks but she knew it was my first time so she was kind and gentle. You always remember the first and last time you fire your cannon.

The first time?hell i can`t even remember the last time.
    I hope you enjoyed your weekend event.The historic part,not your cannon.

Originally posted by benncool
    This is Battle Day Weekend here in town. The Revolutionary War Battle was fought near here on August 16th 1777. This little conservative New England town does a pretty good job of celebrating and remembering the event. Lots of things going on. The big thing tomorrow is a 2 hour parade.

One cool thing that happen today is that the folks from New Hampshire brought over "Old Molly" and fired her off up at the Bennington Monument. Old Molly is a brass cannon that was captured from the British during the battle.

Can you imagine any machine that we work on that would still be in working order 225 years from now?

Wow I'm in the beers already and I still have to make the chowder.
    Benncool.......we have a stone monument a short drive from here (south-western Ontario) with a plaque that reads of the 26th. Vermont Regiment fighting the British at the "Battle of Longwoods". Every year they redo the historic battle that was part of the War of 1812.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by westemp
    [B]
    Originally posted by benncool
    Benncool.......we have a stone monument a short drive from here (south-western Ontario) with a plaque that reads of the 26th. Vermont Regiment fighting the British at the "Battle of Longwoods". Every year they redo the historic battle that was part of the War of 1812.
    Hmmm. I didn't know about that. I'll have to reserach that.

I survived another Battled Day. They got to start doing these parades on Saturday so I can get the next day off.