Thread: beer evangelist

Lachky has vowed, in his words, to be an "evangelist" for beer and a cheerleader for the industry, which "in the last couple of years has been complacent about extolling the benefits of the products."

Beer is in decline, full story below.

http://netscape5.marketwatch.com/new...72C45F468EC%7D
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

PBR me, ASAP!
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

nothing like homebrew! And its cheap, I can make (after setting the whole thing up) 50 bottles of beer for about $15.

How long does it take to make beer? Do you have a light beer recipe?
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

A couple months or so. depends on what kind you're making.

My roommates and I used to do that years ago. Some of it was good, some wasn't.

I've got a kit somewhere that mrs. ralph bought me that I've never used. Maybe I should go dig it out..

Originally posted by dpatty
    How long does it take to make beer? Do you have a light beer recipe?
    well that depends on your equipment, if you set yourself up for kegging (5gallon) then you can have beer to drink in less than a week. If you bottle it takes a month or more to get carbonized.
    I do all grain, which means you get barley, wheat, and pour 150 degree water on them, let sit for a hour, then boil, add hops, put in primary fermenter with the yeast. In three days you have alcohol. Kegging allows you to carbonate in a day or two, it is better to let sit for a while but you can drink it. If you want lite beer you add less sugars, ie grains, and also use corn and rice, which is why the commercial beers are so clear, and have no depth of taste. The alcohol is different is hombrew also because of the temperature you mash the grains at. Most big brewers make a very strong beer and then water it down so they can save money.

MOst people start out with a kit, which is more expensive but still you can make good beer for about $25 for 2.5 cases.

Hey, did you guys hear about the new Sam Adams?

A brewery in the States has launched the world's strongest beer.

The drink - at 25% proof - is six times more powerful than a normal beer and twice the strength of a bottle of wine.

And at £56 a bottle, Samuel Adams Utopias is also among the world's most expensive.

Just 8,000 of the limited edition 24 oz tipple, sold in a copper kettle, have been brewed by the Boston Beer Company.

Brewery founder Jim Koch said the beer was designed to be enjoyed slowly as an after dinner tipple.

He said: "We are passionate about brewing quality, one-of-a-kind beer that amazes beer lovers and aficionados alike."

I don't think they are going to be able to call it beer, to much alcohol for ATF

GENESEE , ice cold. MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!