Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Construction work is a nightmare, at best.

I find I dont like the noise, confustion, "white duct coating" which is painted all over the place.

I dont like stepping over other people's bodies or their work.

I only tolerate it at best.

I guess once you worked service for so many years ... trying to do anything in a construction environment is quite a shock.

I pray my employer does open up a service division real soon!
    They talked about it before ... I believe NOW is THE TIME to do something about it....

BEFORE I lose my marbles.....

Yes they do it all the time, now and then some guy thinks what the hell I dont want to come back so WTF and does it for him. I like the famous you want ME to do condensate line that pops up now and then or the EMS conduit that the GC didnt show to the electical sub. Any plumber knows that when theres HVAC on a job he has the gas,condensate ect. more likly he wants more bucks from the GC or owner who only gave him the plumbing plan to bid and they were incomplete or lousy plans. I would refuse to do it and leave it at that. Dont give in and you will win or do it if it saves you time and money for a second trip but no way its yours.

Could many of the problems plauging the construction industry stem from incentive based GC pay?

What other reason is there to have the plumber, sparky, HVAC, floor tile, ceiling tile, drywallers, painters and carpenters on the same job in the same spot on the same day?

I should have been an architect. I could do 25% of the work for 100% of the pay. "VIF" on all of my pages
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too little.
    When you pay too much, you lose a little money -- that is all. When you pay too little, you may lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot -- it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin

Our engineers and PMs like VIF also. Put everything on the installers back. Blame him when the job is done.

Bencool

Did I mention the OG specs called for 6 techs to do the installation? Two for the backroom, two for the drop in area and two for the bargun area.

Coke sent two guys only and now my boss is *****ing why is it taking so long?

That is the kind of mentality I work for, and quite frankly I wished I could find another line of work.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12