Johnson FEC Zone Sensor Displays

We have a job half complete and the facility guy has expressed enough concern about the displays on the stats that it has come back around on us to either switch them out with the blank stats ( not cost efficient ) or find a work around. From what I can tell there is no way to change the display in CCT. Also blank stats will not give a setpoint readings and from what I have tried it cannot not be forced from the FX60. It will read the temp setpoint being sent but since its invalid the program wont proccess it. Its a long shot i think but has anybody run into this issue or know of a way to keep the display blank or get a setpoint out of a blank stat. Any work arounds that anybody has achieved?

Why is it invalid?
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by dhoyt View Post
    We have a job half complete and the facility guy has expressed enough concern about the displays on the stats that it has come back around on us to either switch them out with the blank stats ( not cost efficient ) or find a work around. From what I can tell there is no way to change the display in CCT. Also blank stats will not give a setpoint readings and from what I have tried it cannot not be forced from the FX60. It will read the temp setpoint being sent but since its invalid the program wont proccess it. Its a long shot i think but has anybody run into this issue or know of a way to keep the display blank or get a setpoint out of a blank stat. Any work arounds that anybody has achieved?
    It is blank probably because the sa bus is incorrectly wired or the znt znsp is not defined as SAB in CCT. Right click on the point then click setup and change it to SAB and redownload the controller and check the wiring. Terminal block or rj11?
    UA Local 141

What does the job spec say? Does it call for space sensors with adjustable set-points and a display? If so, tell the facility guy. If its not in the spec, he doesn't get it since that is not what you bid. But if not, in CCT you can force the "ZN-T Setpoint" module to look at setpoint from the network inputs and not from the SA Bus. You will also have to change the parameters in the "ZN-SP" input. For example the min and max value might be 65 - 70 degree range. If you don't want the setpoint to have a range, make the min 70 and max 70.1.

Yeah you know how it is the guy metioned it in passing a one point and now its a big deal. Sometimes it doesnt matter whats in spec... Its not the sepoint thats the issue, the guy doesnt want anybody to see the temps so they wont call him, most llikely because he has no idea what he's doing.... The issue here is I have 40 or so controllers that are already downloaded. The program got written with the stats that have the temp, setpoint, etc etc. We dont have the time or money to be reprograming and redownloading so trying to find a short cut. If we replace all the stats with blanks then all the programs will have to change and be redownloaded, not good, especially since there all 5.0 and I have 5.1 now. So the question is has anybody found a way to make the displays blank, no temp reading, in CCT? I have a feeling its not possible but asking anyway...

I think you are SOL then. I do not know a way to make the sensors blank through CCT. I would tell him that you installed what you were told to as per plans and spec. He should not have the final say if an engineer is involved.

yeah thats what im thinking... That's my company for you though, always bending over.......

It doesnt really matter to muc about the 5.0 5.1 thing unless the spec calls for 5.0. You can download all the devices from the NAE and not have to walk to every device.

No way for sure to blank the stats, This guy doesnt want anyone to see the temps to call him. Is this guy someone important on the job or just some guy who would like it. Sounds like they want nondisplay stats and that sounds like change order to me.
    UA Local 141

yeah he's the facility manager for the school.... NAE, god shoot me! No we use FX60's etc from tridium. NAE's are like square wheels! Feel bad for you man I'm sorry... But anyway I just plug in the bluetooth to the stat on the SA bus and download everything from one spot, no NAE, no walking... You walk around to every controller? You dont have to you know... That would suck! Anyway its still like 7 mins for the main the boot and the application if you need to upgrade or downgrade and thats not time we have money for... I think were going to end up installing opauqe (?) if thats how you spell it, covers and leave them.....

What about printing some nice JCI round globe stickers to cover the LCD?

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE