+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! No cold air!

Post Likes

Help! No cold air!

We have water source heat/cooling in which I know nothing about! Our air is not blowing cold at all! Thermostat is set on 65 and it is 83 in here. Any recommendations what the problem could be?

Post Likes
    Is your heat pump blowing out "room temp" air, or is it blowing out "hot" air like it would in the winter?

Also, when is the last time you changed your filters?

Post Likes
    It is blowing out room temp air. We just changed the filter about a month ago maybe. We just bought this house and have no clue whatsoever about this type of heating/cooling and arent even sure where the pump is located!

Post Likes
    Best advice would be to call a tech who has EXPERIENCE in geothermal heat pumps. If you know the brand, the major websites usually list their factory trained dealers.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by texas cooler View Post
    Best advice would be to call a tech who has EXPERIENCE in geothermal heat pumps. If you know the brand, the major websites usually list their factory trained dealers.
    Couldn't of said it better myself.

The major (and embarrassing error) I made when I purchased my condo was not doing a detailed inspection of the HVAC system myself or calling in a tech from my company. The standard building inspection guys will usually "kick the tires" , does it blow cold air? yep, hot air? yep. but rarely open units up, check refrigerant pressures, etc etc.

Post Likes
    I know it sounds basic but is the unit on cooling mode on the t-stat. If so then I would call a tech. Did it work in heating this winter? Let us know what they find.

Post Likes
    Well I would call a tech like myself that works on geo system but you can look at inlet and outlet water temps to see what going on

Post Likes
    Did you check your breaker panel to see if any breakers are tripped or turned off? It only takes one to goof things up. Once goofed, it will likely take a tech to get things 'rebooted'. I hope it's that simple. After that it can get more complex.

Post Likes
    cooling problem: Water to air unit, call a tech. All you can do is check water valves are on and t-stat is calling. There is high voltage behind the covers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago WSHPMAN View Post
    but rarely open units up, check refrigerant pressures, etc etc.
    You DO NOT attach a gauge set to a Geo unless the heat of rejection/extraction indicates it should be done.

Bergy

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in