"Up his nose with the rubber hose" ... says my wife to the appliance man. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I feel like I am being "hooked up" at night now.

I dont like the fussing and fitting over how the tubes run and all.
    It feels so un-natural to have a wind blowing up my nose, even at a low setting of "5".

But I'll tell ya this much .... after the first night ... I did much better that day.

I get up less during the night .. my wife says I no longer kick her either.
    I'm a lot calmer slepper than ever before, she tells me.

Gee, if I am getting better sleep, then she will too. And that should help with her condition, Fibromialga.

I think a lot more people have this issue than are willing to admit.
    But we are so committed to just puch ourselves, no matter what the cost to body or relationships ... it just never gets diagnosed.

Keep us posted, you'll get used to the machine and then really see the benefits... The first time you sleep through the night and finally start dreaming again will amaze you.

I'm slated for a sleep over test, tomorrow night. (Tuesday, 16th)

My insurance covers it 100%. ALRIGHT!!!

I was there when my wife, Susan, went in for her sleep test earlier this year.

All them wires .....

I dont mind being "wrapped up" in my work ... but wrapped in sensor wiring is a whole nuther story....

three nights now on the breather machine. The sucker that shoots cold wind up my nose ....

I think I need a different type of mask thingy.

I got this one which has two nozels going "up my nose".
    Maybe I need one which covers the entire nose, not just ports going IN TO the nose itself.

This all happened in such a short time period, I didnt get to do any research to learn what I may be best suited for.

I'll need to contact that med appliance man and see if I can have a nice nose mask.

time will tell.

YIPPEE I got my BIPAP machine today. Can't wait (yeah right) They had the nasal mask, but that seemed a little strange, so I chose triangle style that covers the nose and not the mouth. Will report back tomorrow with results. I have to get up at 4:30am to take neighbors to airport. Hope I don't oversleep. That'll be a first

Originally posted by R12rules

Maybe I need one which covers the entire nose, not just ports going IN TO the nose itself.

I have the full nose one, nix the stomach sleeping and you'll have to acheive Zen status to side sleep with it... very comfortable though. Before you swap, ask if insurance covers the second setup, many insurers limit you to one or two a year.

Thanks for all the shairng and advice.

This is totally new to me.

It's a whole lot more to deal with than I ever imagined.

There's more to getting a good night's sleep than I ever imagined.

I did my sleep over at the place where your hooked up to a zillion leads .... the guy who monitored me said I DEFINATELY have sleep apnea. Well duh!

He said, in his opinion ... it is a physical restriction issue and not an issue with the nervous system telling me to NOT breath.

I never knew there were TWO seperate types of problems.

Possibly mine can be rectified thru surgery or something else.

It was quite an experience. I'm glad it's behind me now. Next is another doctor's visit to determine what he wants to sugest next.

In the mean time ... it get to sleep using the bipap. Mine has a vapor mist.
    Anyone have opinion's on vapor mist or not?

This would be cheaper! Not necessarilly healthier.

Courtesy of Diceman....Laugh everytime I see this one !

But seriously..."May you rest in peace". No pun intended.

[Edited by bb on 08-17-2005 at 07:16 PM]

Well tried my Bipap last night. Lasted two hours. Couldn't go sleep, felt like a tree full of owls. Will try again tonight.

Originally posted by R12rules
    Mine has a vapor mist.
    Anyone have opinion's on vapor mist or not?

My first machine had it and I never used it... The current machine does not. I haven't had any issues with dry sinus yet.

Originally posted by mike3
    Well tried my Bipap last night. Lasted two hours. Couldn't go sleep, felt like a tree full of owls. Will try again tonight.
    You must keep your mouth closed! I find the "noise" comforting... but then I'm deaf in one ear too!

I used it last & left it on until 4:00am this time. I don't know how much I actually slept. I know about opening mouth. Thats a strange feeling. Well maybe tonight will be a winner.

Originally posted by mike3
    I used it last & left it on until 4:00am this time. I don't know how much I actually slept. I know about opening mouth. Thats a strange feeling. Well maybe tonight will be a winner.
    Good Luck, you'll get used to it... took me about a week. I very rarely wake up in the middle of the night now and leave it on till morning. Any dreams yet? You can tell it's effective when you get the dreams back... Sufferers of sleep apnea rarely reach a deep enough sleep (REM stage) for dreaming.

[Edited by hvac_czar on 08-18-2005 at 09:20 PM]

No weird dreams yet. Picked our neighbors to take to the airport at 4:30 the other morning & he said had a dream he was cooking a turkey and selling bicycles. Don't know why but I'm still laughing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12