Icomfort Thermostat Weather / Internet Features

Recently purchased a SLP98 / XC17 / Icomfort T-Stat

I love it!!!

I currently use the majority of features, and was wondering about the weather tab. I have also heard rumors of internet connectivity (prob required for the weather, duh)

Does anyone know about these possible updates???

I have recently had my equipment installed, and have not really talked to lennox / dealer about this yet. No info available from lennox directly.

Any help is appreciated!. Thanks in advance

No one knows?

It's not there yet. The weather tab is reserved for "future development." As I understand it there will be an internet interface module that will wire into the furnace.

I have the icomfort Touch and also am very happy with it. The only reference I have found to the internet weather features:. The icomfort (not the touch model) has a quick start guide (attached) which shows ethernet connection and a transceiver...but when the Touch model will have this I do not know. Try calling Lennox customer support directly.

Removed link directing users off site to another forum.
    Last edited by HeyBob; 05-16-2011 at 06:31 PM.

It would be nice if they added Z-wave protocol to the iComfort therm to enable changes to the therm from a web enabled browser through the internet, much like Trane has done with their therm.

I'm told they're 6 months away from coming out with a new model.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf60 View Post
    I have the icomfort Touch and also am very happy with it. The only reference I have found to the internet weather features:. The icomfort (not the touch model) has a quick start guide (attached) which shows ethernet connection and a transceiver...but when the Touch model will have this I do not know. Try calling Lennox customer support directly.

Removed link directing users off site to another forum.
    HeyBob: I'm confused...I also posted a copy of a PDF quick start guide. Was the problem the presence of an internet address within the PDF document?

My apologies and thanks for any clarification,

Beowulf60

Any Lennox news about the internet / weather features???

Still loving the SLP98 / XC17 / icomfort. Wanting a whole house humidifier to really top it off. Never been so comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Nissan-SR20-Man View Post

Still loving the SLP98 / XC17 / icomfort. Wanting a whole house humidifier to really top it off. Never been so comfortable
    We install Lennox and the last time I was picking up equipment I asked about the weather tab. No news yet according to the manager. It's sort of a pet peeve of mine that they have that tab and there is nothing I can offer the customer for it as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissan-SR20-Man View Post

I believe its coming early next year.