E-startup reports

E-startup reports

Wondering if any of you guys out there know of any programs for electronic startup reports. I'm the local start up rep for a couple of the bigger manufacturers in my area and do about a dozen startups a week. The whole carbon copy method seems a little primitive to me. Does anyone know of any program or system where these can be done electronically ie; on blackberry or some sort of handheld device????

You could try turning your form into an editable PDF document.
    Supermarket Tech...and anything else the boss finds for me!

You could use something like my old palmpilot. Look for one at second hand stores or pawn shops. Create a word, exel or pdf document. Get info from the literature supplied by manufactures. In your document put in as much as you can. Then later print or email only the parts of the form you filled out.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Quote Originally Posted by CDNtech View Post
    Wondering if any of you guys out there know of any programs for electronic startup reports. I'm the local start up rep for a couple of the bigger manufacturers in my area and do about a dozen startups a week. The whole carbon copy method seems a little primitive to me. Does anyone know of any program or system where these can be done electronically ie; on blackberry or some sort of handheld device????
    What kind of in formation do you need to input.

I may have something. Its specifically designed for AC data input. Windows Mobile program.

Converts input data to text file so you can email easily.

mcjo,

I'm inputting your basic info. Amperages, gas and ref. pressures. Probably have lots of stuff with check marks next to it ie; p-trap, tighten setscrews etc...

My last company provided us with Motion Tablets. I was able to scan a startup sheet, then convert it to a Windows Journal file. That enabled me to fill it out on the tablet and save it. If a customer wanted a copy. I would convert to pdf and attach to email.

It worked great. Too bad my new company uses Netbooks. God I hate them.

mcjo,

I'm inputting your basic info. Amperages, gas and ref. pressures. Probably have lots of stuff with check marks next to it ie; p-trap, tighten setscrews etc...

Go to ebay and input a search for hvac software. There you will find our systems data software.

It is explained pretty well.

We have a Windows Mobile version of this same software that should work for you.

Thanks mcjo, I'll check it out right away!

Thanks mcjo, I'll check it out right away!
    Let me know if you have any questions. I can provide you with a device to operate it also if you need.