+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Dog Owners Only

Post Likes

For Dog Owners Only

This story is amazing. What horrible things some people can do to animals.
    Be sure to read the updates.

http://www.ahscares.org/showarchive.asp?id=772

Post Likes
    that situation is pitiful............

whoever is responsible needs to be punished.........

but was the best decision made?

that dog will probably have issues both physical and psychological
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    thats terrible.

Post Likes
    It appears after they called the mayor out, no more pictures are allowed.

Read the open letter to the mayor. He sounds like a real winner.

Post Likes
    What matters is that Patrick is getting good care. I've read about his progress in both British and Australian newspapers. His progress is of global concern to all animal lovers. I rescue abused dogs and from what I've seen of Patrick in photos and in the videos he's going to be just fine. He's young enough that he will forget the hunger and remember only the good things.

If you look at him, his head is up he is alert and he wants attention. Whatever else this monster did to him, she did not beat him or scare him. Physically abused dogs cower and won't make eye contact - the last thing they want is to attract a human's attention. My big hound Maggie Mae still won't look me in the eyes five years after she was removed from her abuser. My German shepherd mix who was starved but not abused loves everyone and isn't shy in any way.

Patrick may have some lingering health problems from his prolonged starvation, but I'd bet good money that mentally he's going to be just fine.

By the way, Patrick is a typical pit bull, full of life, full of love and wanting to give you kisses. Please think of Patrick when you see a pit bull and remember that they are not monsters, just abused and misunderstood.

Post Likes
    You sound like a good person JaneGael.

Post Likes
    I try to be at least a decent person and live by The Golden Rule. It's not that hard really.

There are two more starved pups who were not as lucky as Patrick. Please sign the petitions showing support for throwing the book at the monsters who murdered them.

The petition for Snoop:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/336/justice-for-snoop/

The petition for Daniel:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/337/Justice-For-Daniel/

Sadly both are pit bulls -- the most abused misunderstood breed in the world. They are loving dogs who want to please. When you hear of an attack it is the fault of the owner not the dog and does not represent the rest of the 6,000,000+ pit bulls in America. Punish the deed -- not the breed.

Post Likes
    So, do they know who did this?
    (I didn't read the whole articles)

Post Likes
    shoot the owner

Post Likes
    Here is an update on Snoop's abusers. Yes, they have been found and charged. Cross your fingers they get jail time.
    Snoop's owner, Bryan Hutcherson, 19, of Oshkosh, is charged with animal mistreatment in relation to the starvation death of the puppy. He faces three and a half years in prison if convicted. A judge last week ordered a competency examination before the case proceeds.

Now, Hutcherson's girlfriend is also facing charges stemming from Snoop's death and the mistreatment of a second dog, a young female pit bull mix named Diamond that police found in the couple's Bowen Street apartment when they went to question them about Snoop.

The second dog, a young female, is horribly thin, but is going to make it and have the best home they can find for her.

You can keep abreast of the legalities here:
    http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/17674/

Daniel's abuser hasn't faced charges for his death yet, but he's in big trouble. According to the South Bend, IN Tribune:
    Ewing, 25, was sentenced on Monday to four years behind bars after pleading guilty in February to a felony count of maintaining a common nuisance stemming from his arrest in June last year on marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession charges.
    Advertisement

He also faces up to one year in county jail and $5,000 in fines if convicted of the class A misdemeanor count of animal neglect — a sentence that could be set to run consecutive to his current term.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneGael View Post
    Here is an update on Snoop's abusers. Yes, they have been found and charged. Cross your fingers they get jail time.
    Snoop's owner, Bryan Hutcherson, 19, of Oshkosh, is charged with animal mistreatment in relation to the starvation death of the puppy. He faces three and a half years in prison if convicted. A judge last week ordered a competency examination before the case proceeds.

Now, Hutcherson's girlfriend is also facing charges stemming from Snoop's death and the mistreatment of a second dog, a young female pit bull mix named Diamond that police found in the couple's Bowen Street apartment when they went to question them about Snoop.

The second dog, a young female, is horribly thin, but is going to make it and have the best home they can find for her.

You can keep abreast of the legalities here:
    http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/17674/

Daniel's abuser hasn't faced charges for his death yet, but he's in big trouble. According to the South Bend, IN Tribune:
    Ewing, 25, was sentenced on Monday to four years behind bars after pleading guilty in February to a felony count of maintaining a common nuisance stemming from his arrest in June last year on marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession charges.
    Advertisement

He also faces up to one year in county jail and $5,000 in fines if convicted of the class A misdemeanor count of animal neglect — a sentence that could be set to run consecutive to his current term.
    These people really need a psychiatric evaluation. To abuse animals like they did, just isn't what I'd call normal human behavior.
    And, the punishment isn't nearly enough. Maybe make them work for a year in a shelter. For free of course.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in