FDA Approval, O3 gens

Hello,

I'am looking forward to buy an air Ionizer. There are many companies that claim to be FDA or USDA approved, including AirOcare (IR EMS), RGF Enviromental, Plasma technics?

Which one of the above is FDA approved for sure? Any other you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by crised View Post
    Hello,

I'am looking forward to buy an air Ionizer. There are many companies that claim to be FDA or USDA approved, including AirOcare (IR EMS), RGF Enviromental, Plasma technics?

Which one of the above is FDA approved for sure? Any other you would recommend?
    Federal entities such as the EPA, FDA or NASA can not approve a product or recommend a technology. The FDA has to license a product if used for medical reasons to improve health. And the EPA licenses products that exterminate insects or is used as a biocide. You will find a lot of air quality products are severely over marketed. That's why there is so much distrust in the industry.
    I suggest you read this recent white paper so you can make an educated decision on your purchase.

http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jts/35/6/929/_pdf
    The premise of ventilation is that the OA is clean or of sufficient quality to be used for dilution. Traditional ventilation is somewhat being threatened by the fact that the EPA is changing the requirements for outdoor air quality which is creating non-attainment zones in what is now becoming a significant portion of the country. That means that buildings in those areas will need to clean up the OA before they bring it into the building.
    www.genesisair.com
    Genesis Air Inc.

Thank you for the reply.

But seems like USDA does validate some equipment. Take a look at the attached.

I'm looking for info on food processing plants...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Who do you think manufacturer A, B and C are?

To me, A sounds like AirOcare.

Quote Originally Posted by crised View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

But seems like USDA does validate some equipment. Take a look at the attached.

I'm looking for info on food processing plants...
    I have never had any issues with this type technology other than it shouldn't be used in an occupied space. If used as a tool for remediation in a controled environment with no people present they could be benificial for the space. The USDA is in food safety not public environment safety. I don't believe they have the authority to judge the safety of a product around the public.
    The premise of ventilation is that the OA is clean or of sufficient quality to be used for dilution. Traditional ventilation is somewhat being threatened by the fact that the EPA is changing the requirements for outdoor air quality which is creating non-attainment zones in what is now becoming a significant portion of the country. That means that buildings in those areas will need to clean up the OA before they bring it into the building.
    www.genesisair.com
    Genesis Air Inc.