Lennox / Arzel / Sig Stat & Dehumidification
    Hi All--

Question for the Arzel & Lennox experts. My setup consists of three zones, three 2-stage lennox signature stats, and a Lennox 2-speed compressor & VS furnace. My questions are as follows:

1) The is a specific dehumidification signal wire that comes from the sig stat to the furnace. There is no corresponding input on the arzel box, so I am assuming that the three dehumidification wires should be wired together and connected directly to the "D" thermostat connection on the Lennox's control panel. Is this true?

2) The G61MPV documentation states that on-board jumper W914 should be cut if the CCB1 control is used. Now, it looks to me that the CCB1 (an external humidity control device) has been subsumed into the lennox signature stat, so should the CCB1 jumper be cut? it currently isn't.

3) The furnace is set to the highest cooling blower speed (dip switches 5 and 6 are off, which yields 1930 cfm in stage 2 and 1340 cfm in stage 1). I am still having some noise at the registers, and I am not getting all the dehumidification I want. does it make sense to change these dip switch settings to a lower speed (say 1510 cfm / 1055 cfm). Might this have a negative effect elsewhere?

thanks all!!!! your help has been invaluable--the system is in much better shape that it was last week, and it wouldn't have been so w/o the advice from this group.

LJM

Originally posted by machese
    Hi All--

Question for the Arzel & Lennox experts. My setup consists of three zones, three 2-stage lennox signature stats, and a Lennox 2-speed compressor & VS furnace. My questions are as follows:

1) The is a specific dehumidification signal wire that comes from the sig stat to the furnace. There is no corresponding input on the arzel box, so I am assuming that the three dehumidification wires should be wired together and connected directly to the "D" thermostat connection on the Lennox's control panel. Is this true?

2) The G61MPV documentation states that on-board jumper W914 should be cut if the CCB1 control is used. Now, it looks to me that the CCB1 (an external humidity control device) has been subsumed into the lennox signature stat, so should the CCB1 jumper be cut? it currently isn't.

3) The furnace is set to the highest cooling blower speed (dip switches 5 and 6 are off, which yields 1930 cfm in stage 2 and 1340 cfm in stage 1). I am still having some noise at the registers, and I am not getting all the dehumidification I want. does it make sense to change these dip switch settings to a lower speed (say 1510 cfm / 1055 cfm). Might this have a negative effect elsewhere?

thanks all!!!! your help has been invaluable--the system is in much better shape that it was last week, and it wouldn't have been so w/o the advice from this group.

LJM

#1 - Being that the Signature stat is being powered by the Arzel transformer and the "D" terminal on the control panel is powered from the furnace transformer we need to use an isolation relay between the two circuits. I have a wiring diagram for that application.

#2- Yes...the W914 jumper must be removed. The Signature stat "D" terminal will be taking the place of the jumper.

#3- You should drop to 1750 and see if that get's you the levels you need first. If you need to drop lower, do it one step at a time and test results. The negative side is maintaining the cfm capacity required when in a peak load situation with all zones calling. My guess is 1750 will not hinder that at all, below that I'm not sure.
    jr