Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by manny238 View Post
    So i did decided to do my own version on a Carrier straight cool unit. Originally i found the compressor shorted to ground. Installed new compressor charged the unit and found 3 of 10 orifices plugged up. So my manager let me try this conversion. Talked to Sporlan and they helped me on picking the distributor, distributor line size and expansion valve . Ended up working ok once i got the unit going. 12 superheat - 10 subcooling

Did you install the cap tubes in the distributor first ? I had a hard time on a w/i evaporator coil with the cap tubes all staying in position while welding them in. I had to change just the distributor.

Yeah I did almost all the connections In the office. It would be a pain in the a55 to do It all in the field.
    RTFM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Did you install the cap tubes in the distributor first ? I had a hard time on a w/i evaporator coil with the cap tubes all staying in position while welding them in. I had to change just the distributor.
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by manny238 View Post
    So i did decided to do my own version on a Carrier straight cool unit. Originally i found the compressor shorted to ground. Installed new compressor charged the unit and found 3 of 10 orifices plugged up. So my manager let me try this conversion. Talked to Sporlan and they helped me on picking the distributor, distributor line size and expansion valve . Ended up working ok once i got the unit going. 12 superheat - 10 subcooling

Nice job.
    Next time strap that TXV down so it won't vibrate off.

Now send those picture to POS trane and Carrier and tell them you want 2% of the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by just_opinion View Post
    NO
    NO What? Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    NO What? Please explain.
    No I did not want to quote on your post.

But I made you whistle and wonder.

No I did not want to quote on your post.

But I made you whistle and wonder.
    Yes I am wondering if you have ever tried doing that ?

Nice job.
    Next time strap that TXV down so it won't vibrate off.

Now send those picture to POS trane and Carrier and tell them you want 2% of the sale.
    thanks!...your prolly correct on straping the txv , which i will do next time..for those wondering this only took me about 6 hours total and about 250 in parts...carrier was 2 weeks out on a new header assembly and was twice the amount of this conversion...so i think this is a win win for everybody
    RTFM!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12