Confused Challenger 3000 series liebert

I have a Challenger 3000 series liebert with chilled water (modulating valve) and hot-water reheat (solenoid valve) for a computer room. The temperature setpoint is 75F, but the computer room is at cold at 60F (read from the liebert display). The status of the unit is the chilled water valve is at 100% open, dehumidifying. Even though the temperature is in it's alarm range (Low), the unit indicates "no alarms present". The heat is at 0%. Checked the voltage output of the main board connection that goes to the solenoid valve that controls heating water flow, no voltage. Tried raising the temperature setpoint even further, still no voltage to the heating solenoid from the board. Could this be a bad board?

i would verify that the heat is enabled, and for right now turn off dehumidifacation to get the room to warm up. what is the alarm low temp setpoint?
    do things right the first time is cheaper.

What is the humidity reading and the humidity setpoint ?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

liebert challenger 3000 series

The setpoints: 72F, sensitivity +-2.5; 52% relative humidity, 10% sensitivity; 75F high temp alarm; 65F low temp alarm, High humidity alarm 70%, low humidity alarm 40%.

Current conditions: 61F & 58% RH.

According too your room temp and humidity readings, the unit is going to de-humidify. You might want too look at how the unit logic is set up. In the menu you can select the control type, I have always used Proportional it just seems too react better its almost like using a PID control loop if I remember correctly. I would also set my humidity contol method to Relative. I use these settings in all of my data room Lieberts and It seems to keep all of the electronics happy. I would also shut the unit down and allow the room to warm up to a more workable Temp, 75 degrees F is decent. Then see what the readings are at your unit. I would also check too see if the temp and humnidity sensors are calabrated correctly. I usually check calabration every 6 months or so. They can sometimes get wacky. Does this unit have any reheat strips in it? I know this an option on the DX units and this is what helps offset the temp when the unit is dehumidifying for long periods of time. Good Luck.

Thumbs up Solved problem

Sent Emerson (company presently over Liebert Equip.) an e-mail with the model and serial # along with the symptoms. They sent back a call number to use when our technician would be physically by the unit. Talked us thru the troubleshooting to confirm that the board is bad. Good tech. support similiar to Lochnivar's. Did not matter that unit was not under warranty.

I would verify that your humidity sensor is working properly first. Obviously, once the re-heat is running, the RH will naturally drop with out the de-hum cycling. I probably didn't tell you anything new but I hope all goes well for you.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by randystoker View Post
    Sent Emerson (company presently over Liebert Equip.) an e-mail with the model and serial # along with the symptoms. They sent back a call number to use when our technician would be physically by the unit. Talked us thru the troubleshooting to confirm that the board is bad. Good tech. support similiar to Lochnivar's. Did not matter that unit was not under warranty.
    Guess I should have read this post. Oops.