OT.......Kinda

Thread: OT.......Kinda

Pardon my public display of ignorance but I searched the FAQ's and was unable to find the answer to my question. Obviously I have just recently discovered this forum and appreciate it immensely. I had noticed under the registered user names there are descriptions such as, "new member", "member", "professional", "associate", and so forth. My question being exactly how are these descriptions ( for lack of proper wording ) assigned and by whom? What are they based upon? Thanks!

Senior Tech Guest
    New member= new member

Member = member with no professional experience in the hvac field

Professional Member= Someone who works in the field and has "proven" it.

Associate...referees of sort appointed by Boss

Goat Chaser= Diceman

Perhaps I was unclear in my question, I comprehend what the titles are denoting, what I would like to know is who and what makes the decision of when you stop being say an associate and become a professional or a member becomes an associate...get it? did I miss that section when I registered? Precisely how is one able to "prove" experience in an electronic forum?

Originally posted by senior tech
    Goat Chaser= Diceman
    LMAO... nothing like a big clue in the beginning!

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by servicef1rst
    Perhaps I was unclear in my question, I comprehend what the titles are denoting, what I would like to know is who and what makes the decision of when you stop being say an associate and become a professional or a member becomes an associate...get it? did I miss that section when I registered? Precisely how is one able to "prove" experience in an electronic forum?

Boss...Boss...and Boss

And BC1 of course....these are our hvac-talk gods...a mere mortal man can't comprehend the amount of power that it takes to decide which of we morons should be titled mems. pros. or an ass.

Talking Lol..........

.........that's the answer I was looking for, kinda figured it, just wanted to make sure we were all playing with the same deck of cards. Thanks ST.

Originally posted by servicef1rst
    when you stop being say an associate and become a professional or a member becomes an associate...get it? did I miss that section when I registered? Precisely how is one able to "prove" experience in an electronic forum?
    First, associate's don't become professional members... it's the other way around.

Second, click on the 'apply for professional forum'... and you will see what it takes to become a verified 'professional member'.

Third, ask a question or help others and show that you have a clue, as in being in the HVAC trade. Proving experience can come by certificates or degrees... or the more common here, shown by your knowledge in the HVAC trade.

Last, there is a huge amount of knowledge and help on this board. So my first thought would be, don't get ****ty in the beginning. Tends to turn people from helping you.

Just my observation, welcome to the board.

Last, there is a huge amount of knowledge and help on this board. So my first thought would be, don't get ****ty in the beginning. Tends to turn people from helping you.

Didn't realize I was guilty of that, certainly not intended, if it was perceived that way by anyone here....please accept my apology. And thank you, glad to be here.

I think you are going to turn out to be ok after all!