Hmm

It seems as if we replace equiptment with the same tonage we took out,that the grandaire cannot keep up.The units have been checked out properly.I keep hearing that they are designed just for trailers due to static blowers.
    The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them,Albert Einstein.Stop,Think,and Act!Find the PROBLEM before ever considering the SOLUTION,Carey Collins. What would Chesty Puller do?

Wide

Have just started seeing Grand Aire around here in new construction. They seem like they are 'light' - meaning compressor rated at less BTU's than other systems of same size, kinda like janitrol and intertherm used to be. ( I say used to because I have checked any lately ).

Both problems we have had with these were installation problems, though, so can't really judge operation.

Richard

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by wideawake
    It seems as if we replace equiptment with the same tonage we took out,that the grandaire cannot keep up.The units have been checked out properly.I keep hearing that they are designed just for trailers due to static blowers.

Package or split systems??

I have a problem with it. Bakers sells it to anyone with a pulse.

its mostly split systems.we have had problems with metering devices, and air flow is low unless you put it on high speed,then its too loud.we are a lennox dealer and we havent had all these problems with them.i know thats comparing apples to oranges.
    The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them,Albert Einstein.Stop,Think,and Act!Find the PROBLEM before ever considering the SOLUTION,Carey Collins. What would Chesty Puller do?

Heat pumps or gas furnace?

Get their fan data chart,for cfms and ESP.

heat pumps,and i should be able to get more info tomorrow when i see one.

They tend to have low air flow,check the ESP,then look at their fan chart,to see the cfms delivered at the ESP you have.It will oten be less then the system you removed.

When selling brands with lower ESP capibilities,you must modify the duct system you accomidate for this,usually not worth the savings on the equipmnt.