Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The young guys

Smile

Wouldn't you hate to be in their place? Us starting again? I have been sort of crude, but the basic's are family, job and religion. You young guys, If your happy, you can do damn near everything. Roy

Hey rep , I see that you are in Camp Hill. You are right up the road from me. I am in Hanover.

Me:

Been in trade since '97 (8 years this Oct.)

Still single

No money really (But that is my fault completely for ****ty money management - I can't complain about my wage, as I feel my boss does me well)

320 pounds when I should be 200

Moved half way across country 5 years ago to be closer to siblings, which only resulted in me being taken advantage of (and still feeling like an un accepted puppy) [Does this explain 320 pounds when I should be 200?]

No house of my own, I don't even like it here enough to invest in one.

Working in the trade when I don't even like what it has to offer where I am (again it would probably be worth it if I was more accepted by my family and/or was married with a family of my own by now)Honeslty it was quite the change from doing A/C service calls from may through october and comming here and getting a few A/C calls here and there, and the rest of the summer is nothing but oil burner cleanings

If I had it all to do over again there is no way in hell I'd do what I did. I screwed myself royally for one by even moving to connecticut. I should havce told my family off years ago rather than wasting my time on them.

Also, instead of living at fast food joints and putting more and more wieght on (my belly pops the buttons on my work uniform for cying out loud) I would have put that money into the bank and/or bought something I actually have to SHOW. (Again, a lot of this is from depression)

All of my charged -up credit cards are paid off now thanks to my DJ work on the side. Had the DJ outfit not hired me, I'd still be drowning in debt. (I make about $450 a week take home, and had so many damn bills I could only afford to make minimum montly payments.)

Now that I actually have extra money for my pocket, I am getting my dental work taken care of. After that it's new truck tires on my personal pickup. After that, it's probably going to have to be a new computer since mine is running like crap.

After that, I think it's going to be save save save, then moving back home. (unless some miracle comes up and I do meet someone, but I doubt that's going to happen) THEN, it's time to tell family off like I should have 1 years ago.

Hopefully then, I will live happily ever after.

A quote from outside rep:
    Me 25
    6 years in the field
    5 years married
    3 years owning my own house

When I graduated high school in 1996, I would look forward thinking that was going to be MY life right now. Why the hell it did not happen that way is still beyond me. It ticks me off just thinking about it.

[Edited by ct_hvac_tech on 08-10-2005 at 10:49 PM]

rep

These guys are going to get you! At least Norm. "Cool, where are you at?" I am over 50, their still trying to teach me! Roy

ME :
    2 kids ages 9 and 6
    wife of 7 years
    owned my house for 5 years now
    2 dogs Golden Retriever and Jack Russell (rat dog)
    $$ ..... lets just say I do better than I ever thought I would
    started in the trade @ 15 , 10th grade , in VoTech , trade school after that
    now working as an OEM tech (or trying to I should say)

Hey ct ... keep your head up man. Life is what YOU and only YOU make of it. If you do not like your current situation , then do something about it. You are not tied down with a wife and kids. You are a single HVAC tech with a few years in teh trade. You can go anywhere and get a job. If I were in your shoes with no wife and kids I would be working with Carns somewhere down there in the islands. You CAN do that. It is all up to you. Keep in mind to get ahead you will have to make some sacrafices and you would be wise to do it before you do meet a woman and have kids. Just my opinion

I'd personally love to be 18 again, and starting fresh in this trade.

We have a LOT more available (and often FREE) training materials and resources available to us since the internet became a household thing.

I expounded the **** out of this here 3-4 years ago, but, in short, the training I received at that age was insufficient, IMO, to prepare me for what I now face.

I learned a lot of what I know at Hard Knocks U, and what book learning I got, came directly out of my pocket.

ould I want to start over now? No. Would I like to roll back to 18, and have available to me what I currently do, then start over? Absoeffinglutely.

Ct hvac tech. You are a little depressed about no woeman and you eat more. The woemen dont pay you much attention because you are overweight. This is a viscious cycle. Dude, the girls aint gona change. Spend some dough. Get a membership at a gym, and loose some weight. You will feel better about yourself, and YOU WILL FIND A WOEMAN. There are lots of them out there. And they are looking for someone just like you with a few less lbs. They are in conneticut and every other state.

Question See what I mean?

They are so full of energy. I'm so pooped. Rep says that he is making 80,000 a year. I'll do that if I bust my qss again! Your a better man than me rep. Roy

Dont bug them. Help them solve problems.

Smile Rep

Then I'm proud of you little son, I didn't know if my son was going to go to Penn State or the State Penn? Dad

Hmm

Maybe your dad is just like you say he is? Are you going forward or backward in your relationship with him? I didn't even talk to my dad for two years. I thought that I couldn't live up to his standards. Now we are the best of friends. He is 73 and I am 51 or 52. Who cares? Roy

And he smokes weed?

Come on ref. Maybe beer or a shot of whiskey?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast