Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to the ER

Had a good day piping up some 10 ton AC's for another Co. Bumped my forarm at 10:30 on a 4x4 elec. box cover and dam. 7 stitches. They need to take the sheer edge off of stuff. I didn't know it was cut until I looked. Lost 10 mins. dressing it but finished most of the piping before I left for the ER at 4:00. Got the same Dr. that sewed my forehead up last summer. Good bunch of folks. Be careful out there guys.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Unhappy selfemployed

Looks like you had a good day and a bad day. I understand. Just so your wife understands. Lets get back to work. Roy

2 Stitches

As a young kid, 4th year service, I bumped my elbow on a attic ladder. Very small cut but very dead. Wrapped a piece of gauze around it and some duct tape and finished the service call.

I was close to the shop so I went in to see if they thought I needed stitches. The boss called me a crybaby and told me to suck it up. His wife billed a $100 out of the petty cash and sent me to walk-in for 2 stitches.

The Doctor told me that it would have never healed without stitches because ever time I bent my elbow it opened up. He said that in my line of work it would have gotten infected easily. Damn that shot is smart.

Frown weba/c

You must be a young man. The shot was the worst pain, right? The doc tells us this and that, and we take that as Gospel? Sorry about the cut. A friend of mine cut his arm in an attic. The woman of the house said to him, Don't get blood on my carpet!

Re: 2 Stitches

. The boss called me a crybaby and told me to suck it up.

Your not still working there are you?

You can start the

"Lets compare scars" part of the convention. Like on Jaws.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Smile Spotts!

Back when I was a little girl. Blood was no big thing. Now I charge extra for blood. Hey let's compare scars! I have it good now, with Cheryl helping me with my no spelling ass! Roy

Re: You can start the

Originally posted by spotts
    "Lets compare scars" part of the convention. Like on Jaws.
    My wife would win but you will have to take my word for that

Smile selfemployed

Sorry for being an ass. I know that cuts and bruises is part of being a man. The main part is how you handle your boo boo's with your wife and children. See you at work tomorrow. Roy

oroy54

Very true. Back to piping at 8am. Hope to run one tomorrow. Don't know if they got the pump on it after the pressure test today.

Talking The icing on the cake

I have a story that tops them all..... 8 years ago I worked as a stationary engineer @ a huge bakery for a large grocery store chain. We also had maintance men that maintained everything that was not steam or refrigeration. I am working the midnight shift with 2 maintance men. A call comes in over the loud speaker that the bagel slicer was jammed which shuts down an entire assembly line of about 10-15 people. The maintance man , nice 60 year old man, goes to the dough slicer , he sticks his hand down into the hopper and WHACK , all 4 of his fingers were chopped off. They had to run the conveyer belt until his fingers came out. Put his fingers on ice and rushed him to the hospital. They were able to sew all of his fingers baack on and he was back to work in 9 months.

Re: The icing on the cake

Originally posted by refrtech
    I have a story that tops them all..... 8 years ago I worked as a stationary engineer @ a huge bakery for a large grocery store chain. We also had maintance men that maintained everything that was not steam or refrigeration. I am working the midnight shift with 2 maintance men. A call comes in over the loud speaker that the bagel slicer was jammed which shuts down an entire assembly line of about 10-15 people. The maintance man , nice 60 year old man, goes to the dough slicer , he sticks his hand down into the hopper and WHACK , all 4 of his fingers were chopped off. They had to run the conveyer belt until his fingers came out. Put his fingers on ice and rushed him to the hospital. They were able to sew all of his fingers baack on and he was back to work in 9 months.
    Nice... I just threw my toasted ham & cream cheese bagel in the garbage...(reach, reach)

I took a 2 1/2 scratch on my forearm 3 days ago and spent the next half hour retrieving my tools from around the neighbouring roof This way I don't take'er home at the end of the day.

If I could pick up the unit, I would never have to chase my tools again
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Smile Ref is good!

Who is going to finish raising him? He is a smart guy. I wish that I was as smart as he is. He is doing great. 80,000 a year? Dang, I could pay up the rent for a good time. Stay cool Ref, Roy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast