MAYTAG REF. MFD256DHES

Im looking for the procedure for entering the service test mode on a residential Maytag ref. The model No. is MFD256DHES. It looks to be about 7 years old. The instructions have how to perform the different tests but not how to enter test mode. I just dont work on residential stuff that much. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Your model number is one off.

If you have the tech sheet it is right on it.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

You are right Jim its MFD2560HES but I dont see anything on the tech sheet on how to enter test mode. It gives directions for the various tests once you are in but not how to get into test mode. It looks like I am missing a few pages. The first page no. I have is five. Is there anywhere I can go to download a full copy?

Is there anywhere I can go to download a full copy?
    Only if you do factory service. They locked that down last winter. It's $500 a year for non-authorized services to get help. www.servicematters.com

I just dont work on residential stuff that much.
    What do you work on?

If you can't get into service mode, test each part. If everything else checks good that leaves the Jazz board.

If you like to spend money and throw parts at it, common problems included evap motor and Jazz board.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Service Test:

1) Press & hold Door Alarm

2) While still holding Door Alarm, press & hold + for 3 seconds

3) Release Door Alarm & wait 3 seconds

4) Press + again

Display will show:
    001 in left display and numeric or dashes in right display

if this isnt it let me know I will look it up again i am sure thats it though I can look it up in there training books they gave us. What is your main problem. that would be more helpfull then the service test. Nine out of ten its deforst board