Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I omitted the fact that all of these jobs that I'm referring to all have the extended memory license installed. With a FX60, 1600 points maybe a push without the extended memory, no problem with the extra memory and a supervisor software serving up the graphics.

NightrainATC,
    Did you submit that Pro member app/request yet ?

The FX-60 with extended memory should match with an NAE5500 point for point with capacity to spare if you put all your graphics on an FX-Server.

I can't remember the figure but the limitation is "File Descriptors", I think a 60 w/o extended memor has a 2000 limit but I am not sure. You should be able to easily handle 200 devices on multiple trunks in a single 60

Freddy-B may be able to give you more info on massive numbers of devices/points in an FX-60.

Apply for Pro Membership !
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Quote Originally Posted by mechdorn View Post
    I omitted the fact that all of these jobs that I'm referring to all have the extended memory license installed. With a FX60, 1600 points maybe a push without the extended memory, no problem with the extra memory and a supervisor software serving up the graphics.
    Thanks. I figured you had extended memory. I'm going with extra memory anyway to accommodate future controllers.

Question: If I had a job without the FX server and it had (3) FX Supervisory Controllers, could the customer hit all three controllers on their network from under one controller or do they have to go into individual access points to see what's under each controller? Also with this scenario, is there anything I should no regarding the graphics?

Thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCIKelly View Post
    NightrainATC,
    Did you submit that Pro member app/request yet ?

The FX-60 with extended memory should match with an NAE5500 point for point with capacity to spare if you put all your graphics on an FX-Server.

I can't remember the figure but the limitation is "File Descriptors", I think a 60 w/o extended memor has a 2000 limit but I am not sure. You should be able to easily handle 200 devices on multiple trunks in a single 60

Freddy-B may be able to give you more info on massive numbers of devices/points in an FX-60.

Apply for Pro Membership !
    How do you apply for a Pro membership and what are the benefits? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainATC View Post
    How do you apply for a Pro membership and what are the benefits? Thanks.
    Control folks may go Pro by simply requesting to do so, to the CFC...

The reason is the regular Pro route is based off of things such as CFC cards and a like that several control folks obviously do not have.

The Controls committee then votes based on ones posts to wither or not we believe they are a "Pro"

Should this be your desire to go Pro, all I need is a request from you via this thread

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mechdorn View Post
    I've got a site with 3200 points on a single FX60. The N2 bus is split in halve, on two different physical ports. I have the server software package doing the graphics and trending. The FX60 is maxed out. I have similar sites with 2300-2400 points and everything runs at a much lower level. So, the consumption is defiantly not linear.
    Good day Mechdorn,

Indeed, consumption is not linear and in fact has have more to do with physics than the performance of the N2 supervisory controller. Remember that the N2 bus communicates at 9600 baud and so the maximum bandwidth (theoretical) is 960 characters per second (10 bits per character). Talking to each device on the N2 bus requires a packet size which is dependent upon the the N2 device itself (N2 device, DX devices, and VMA devices with N2 protocol having the smallest packet size in general), the number of (mapped) points in the N2 devices, the rate with which the points change, how fast the device gets off the bus, how fast the supervisory gets on and off the bus, and what priority the supervisory/user set for particular devices... all this determines how much time each field device gets attention (i.e. transferring point data to/from the supervisory) from the supervisory controller... Thus, the number of points is a guideline, but is very site specific for the reasons I previously mentioned... and so you are 100% right that consumption is not linear.

Cheers,

Sam

fact

who not able to solve the problem they definitely blames the product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12