Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Had a no cool today, ran across this gem...

Moncrief dated 1967...

How long has it been sice some of you ran across a direct drive squirrel cage condensor fan motor?!?!

linesets were quick connects.... too long, so they were wound and buried in the gravel!!

Got a little warm today here in Michigan !!!

were they related to westinghouse?? just worked on one a couple weeks ago looked like that one except dual squirrel cage for condenser blower. my father and i installed it in 1973, it still looks like new inside.

Did a Westinghouse service call last week with the squirril cage contraption. It was still running, had a leak though so he decided to get a new one rather than pay for the leak fix

damm....I Havent Seen One Of Them For 20 Years....Easy To Fix!!
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

Westinghouse bought Lux & Moncrief in the 50s but the A/C product line was separate until the very end when W started putting their name on the Luxaire units.

The fact that it is still running ought to qualify it for the Wall of Pride

This Westinghouse unit is still runnung at my church. (The company I work for has the contract with the church):

I've never seen anything like that. Although around here, nothing is more than 10 years old. I've never even heard of that company.

Classic unit there, teacher.
    Get back to work.

Knox CO. KY Occupation: Residintial and Commercial instalation, service,and commercial refrigeration. Interests:4wheeling and Hunting
    Went to a lawers office on a no cool call he has a westinghouse still running great. The call was on a coleman in another office that he rents out.
    GiT-R-Done!!!

I agree -- move this over to the Wall of Pride. Not only has it run forever, it looks better than many (most?) units after 5 years. Too bad they don't make them like that now, otherwise I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Carrier/Bryant use to make the same unit back in the 60's when the quick connect lines first hit the market. That was before you had to be a Carrier dealer. They ran forever.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

My first job after HVAC school was in apartment maintenance. We had a ton of those along with some Westinghouse, GE, and Chrysler's. They were all tucked in closets off the balconies.Talk about a bear to changeout! The company had a full time tech who would spend his winter in a little shop rebuilding the previous summers casualties so they could be slid into the appropriate hole the next summer. Good units, though...took alot of abuse for their age!
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

Originally posted by tpa-fl
    Too bad they don't make them like that now, otherwise I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
    LMAO. Had an EER of around 5. Worked on hundreds of them. Most were installed to close to the wall for decent servicing.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

What kind of fluke are you using, Im trying to find a fluke that won't empty my pocket completely.

Is it Fluke 16?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast