Thread: HVAC School

Post Likes
    Hi I am looking for somebody to give me some advice on being a HVAC tech. I am currently planning on taking a class for HVAC however it is only 9 weeks long 3 hours a week. Is this good enough to get a job as a HVAC tech? Thanks

Post Likes

27 total hours??????

Do they charge for that? Crazy. It might get you a job as a gopher.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Yes 60.00 So I take it you are saying it is a waste of time? How long would normal school be in order to get a job and be good at it?

Post Likes
    The program I attended was 79 credit hours which is a little over an associates degree.
    “Now the freaks are on television, the freaks are in the movies. And it’s no longer the sideshow, it’s the whole show. The colorful circus and the clowns and the elephants, for all intents and purposes, are gone, and we’re dealing only with the freaks.” - Jonathan Winters

Post Likes
    Sounds like a night or weekend class at a votech. Those pretty much give you an idea what the trade is about and gives the instructor a chance to know why you are trying to learn the trade. If your happening to want to learn it being you have some type of business or something that entales a little refrigeration or air conditioning work, that instructors going to ofer to do it for you for a fee being you will never learn enough to really do it in that time in his class.

Post Likes
    Sounds like a class to pass the EPA cert test is all. No way will it teach you anything hands on.

Post Likes
    Thats a joke.....attend an accredited school or trade school.

Post Likes
    I'm attending the local community college vo-tec HVAC/R program. its 18 months if you go full time and summer a and b. You might want to contact the community college in your area and see if they have classes...not too bad of a price..
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes
    I think you need to check the program schedule 1 more time.
    If it is a 27 hour course it will be an automotive class

If it is a course that is at least 400 hours long over the course of a year or two then you are in the right class.

$60.00 sounds right for an automotive ac class