Thread: HVAC School

Hi I am looking for somebody to give me some advice on being a HVAC tech. I am currently planning on taking a class for HVAC however it is only 9 weeks long 3 hours a week. Is this good enough to get a job as a HVAC tech? Thanks

27 total hours??????

Do they charge for that? Crazy. It might get you a job as a gopher.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Yes 60.00 So I take it you are saying it is a waste of time? How long would normal school be in order to get a job and be good at it?

The program I attended was 79 credit hours which is a little over an associates degree.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Sounds like a night or weekend class at a votech. Those pretty much give you an idea what the trade is about and gives the instructor a chance to know why you are trying to learn the trade. If your happening to want to learn it being you have some type of business or something that entales a little refrigeration or air conditioning work, that instructors going to ofer to do it for you for a fee being you will never learn enough to really do it in that time in his class.

Sounds like a class to pass the EPA cert test is all. No way will it teach you anything hands on.

Thats a joke.....attend an accredited school or trade school.

I'm attending the local community college vo-tec HVAC/R program. its 18 months if you go full time and summer a and b. You might want to contact the community college in your area and see if they have classes...not too bad of a price..
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

I think you need to check the program schedule 1 more time.
    If it is a 27 hour course it will be an automotive class

If it is a course that is at least 400 hours long over the course of a year or two then you are in the right class.

$60.00 sounds right for an automotive ac class