Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally - Tech Coming Monday...

Hi,

For those of you had been following my nightmare install of a 410a/TXV/Scroll heat pump system a few months back, a tech from the installing company is finally coming back Monday to do a thorough eval. Unfortunately, I suspect I will be told "Oh, that's normal" in instances where things are definitely NOT normal. I think I can defend most things, but there is one area I would appreciate some experts help here on the forum...

In cooling mode the smaller line at the air handler has something going on that I am all but certain is not normal however I'd like to get some opinions here on how to counteract things if I'm told "Oh, that's normal". The line has so much going on inside it that it is actually vibrating a lot. It feels like a constant flow of intermixing gas and liquid inside. If I understand correctly, this is NOT normal and not how things should be operating (there should either be all gas or all liquid, I forget which). Also, in case this might be related, sometimes that line is very cold and other times it is very warm (seems to follow the outside temps oddly enough).

I am hoping the above and other issues my system is having are all just charge related, but we'll find out Monday....

Sonic

i haven't looked for your other posts, but it sounds like it wasn't charged properly.

Quote Originally Posted by cuchulain View Post
    i haven't looked for your other posts, but it sounds like it wasn't charged properly.
    Try, about 14 threads on his system.

Refuses to follow advice given.

Just thought I'd warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    Try, about 14 threads on his system.

Refuses to follow advice given.

Just thought I'd warn you.
    Thanks stamas, I was just getting ready to hit the sack when i wrote that so that's why i didn't look for the other threads

This is getting old but in Sonic's defense he did have a t!hs fer brains hvac company install his system.

A HO who found this site very helpful, who has had problems from the beginning with his contractor and so thus came here to ask for help, provided us with some interesting subject along the way, who comes back to continually ask for assistance, is not a troll. It is a tell tale sign that this site and it's members are living up to what is expected of it and us. He trusts us as they all should. They should all have excellent experiences and continually should and who said he can't just hang out and be a part of the forum anyways, even once his hvac problems and.or concerns are over? He's not hurting or offending anyone.

It is not us against them, it is us for them.

Marines, never have they been known for their smarts.

Oh no!
    Always here

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
    A HO who found this site very helpful, who has had problems from the beginning with his contractor and so thus came here to ask for help, provided us with some interesting subject along the way, who comes back to continually ask for assistance, is not a troll. It is a tell tale sign that this site and it's members are living up to what is expected of it and us. He trusts us as they all should. They should all have excellent experiences and continually should and who said he can't just hang out and be a part of the forum anyways, even once his hvac problems and.or concerns are over? He's not hurting or offending anyone.

amen... but you need to add one more thing,,, help for "them" within the guidelines of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post

The funny thing is I think you are serious.

Sonic,

You have a TXV metering system. The TXV requires a full stream of liquid to function properly. If I remember correctly, your problems were during the colder weather. Your system was probably not charged correctly and may need to be charge adjusted. A competent tech should have no problem doing that.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    The funny thing is I think you are serious.
    I am.

Ask him to check the subcooling and then how he came up with the correct subcooling temp. Then after the subcooling is correct have him check the superheat to check if the TXV is metering correctly. Some manufacturers have it stamped right on the data plate at the condensor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast