Thread: lennox

compressor gose off overload.after comp.replacement openwinding.c/u m#10acc-036-230-02/s#5805b12391 ahu m#cb28uho4223001/s#5805b12977 condo 1st floor,line set 3/8,7/8 under ground.on start up ran 5 minuts shut off. went to restart compessor off overload .checked all wires,checked uf capacitor good.amps 14.4c,13.2r,7.1s max comp. 14.9 .,cond. fan 1.5 ,evap.3.2,volts 247,r-22 82/240psi 80*in condo s/air 65* r/air81.5,16.5*split superheat34,subcool 6* note;removed ahu panel when running evap.coil cold across good,removed txv took out screen clean/also removed liquid line service valve clear.4lbs 10oz freen.problem is amps near nameplate.s/h 34*,installed hardstart let gas out 78/220 and enabled time delay at t'stat.copper run 25'. helppppppp

lennox is charged by approach, is indoor temp high? check charge by approach method if indoor temp is high i have noticed high superheat...lennox sometimes gives you an subcooling chart on there condensers .

pressures aren't bad but could be a charge problem.

by looking at the model # on a/h is that a 3.5 ton?
    if so the txv your using may not match outdoor unit.
    56j19...1 to 3 ton
    56j20....3.5 to 5 ton

could be issue with superheat
    also check cfm!

According to Lennox service rep: recip compressors with TXVs require start kits. I had the same issue with 3 systems in a new installation on the first hot day this Summer.
    Licensing laws are tough, and it's about time.

why is the unit shutting off. if compressor is getting hot then i would recheck capacitor, could be wrong size.
    34 degrees superheat is not so high as to overheat compressor. 6 degrees subcooling seems low, but would have to check leenox charging chart. if it doesnt show subcooling youl have to use the approach method. i think the approch on that unit is around 7-9 degrees.

Originally posted by airworx
    i think the approch on that unit is around 7-9 degrees.
    I thought it was 11; I could be wrong. Can't you charge it by the SC method as well?

how did you check the uf capacitor and what size was it?

Originally posted by mam123
    According to Lennox service rep: recip compressors with TXVs require start kits. I had the same issue with 3 systems in a new installation on the first hot day this Summer.
    I've not paid attention, does Lennox still put recip compressors in residential units?

I neeed to start paying attention.

yes 3ton c/u,3.5ahu all 1st floor condo's,capacitor checked and installed hard start.evap fan low speed 3.2 amps,replaced txv to eliminate.when unit cycles at temp.or shut off manually is when compr.overload would open

Originally posted by stkepo
    lennox is charged by approach, is indoor temp high? check charge by approach method if indoor temp is high i have noticed high superheat...lennox sometimes gives you an subcooling chart on there condensers .

pressures aren't bad but could be a charge problem.
    i have to go alone here why is it so hard to follow the manufactors spects. with lenox you need to do the approach
    check the expansion valve with supper heat at the valve. this way you can tell if it is working properly. subcool chart does come with some of the units but if it is not with this one there is no way to know if it is right unless you folow the approach method. if the approach is correct then the subcool will also be correct. you can also call lenox technical for the subcool temp but they will tell you the same thing. first do the a[ppraoch