Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bikes

Just had to coment on the orange crate. Guess I was a little before that with the Schwin American with the balloon tires but I do remember when the orange crate came out and wishing I had one althou it seemed like that only lasted a few months and everyone had to have a ten speed. Yep the new technology although I still thought my old balloon tired one speed schwin was a better bike. At gas prices maybe I better think about getting some three wheel bikes with the baskets on the back for tools .....anyone got some pictures showing how to mount a ladder rack on one of those?

[Edited by dec on 08-09-2005 at 11:12 AM]

All I want to know is do you guys wear leotards and test pattern blouses when you go out harassing motorist? oops I mean go out for an enjoyable healthy ride.

Nothing more annoying then having one of those leotarded bikers blocking the road. Yes there is, having more then one. Around here we get them all the time. They ride in the middle of the lane and have twenty cars behind them and refuse to move out of the way, there Jerks.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

i bike Naked....IF you grow it..SHOW IT babby

Im usally wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I wear a biking helmet, which you would have never have gotten me to wear when I was young. I have a mirror hooked to the helmet so I can see behind me without turning around to look behind me. Also with the helmet .....no one knows its me, which I like better. Heck if Im not busy and have the time why not go for a ride. No one knows its me, customers, suppliers, contractors, whoever. That way no one stops you wanting to talk shop so you have a break. As long as you take your phone you can keep in touch if you need to. Sure no problem , I will be there in a couple hours .

Originally posted by teaco
    Maybe you thought I was talking about motorcycles. No I'm talking about the peddle kind. I was wondering if anyone rides for exercise. My knees don’t seem to like running for long anymore and I thought I would try a bike .I'm not familiar with brands or types since I haven’t road since I was a kid, but it was fun then. Does anyone know of a good bike or type. Thanks
    Depends on what you want. The biking industry offers much more than just 10 speeds and 20" kids bikes now. Final choice is also determined by your riding style and where you will use the bike. A true road bike does no good on a limestone bike path.

The importance of the proper test ride and proper fitment cannot be understated. Some shops here will rent a bike for a day, and credit is given toward purchase. An ill-fitting bike is worse than none at all because it will sit unused.

I have gone to the dark side... Recumbent. I have a Burley Hepcat and a Trice XXL. No knee, ass, back or wrist pain.

Check out http://www.bentrideronline.com or http://www.recumbents.com to learn more

[Edited by neophytes serendipity on 08-09-2005 at 09:01 PM]
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too little.
    When you pay too much, you lose a little money -- that is all. When you pay too little, you may lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot -- it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin

Diceman rode bikes for a long time,then when he got married
    his wife took the training wheels off for him.

Originally posted by bigbird
    his wife took the training wheels off for him.
    Then he wrecked, skinned his knee and screemed "Stupid dumb bike!!" and never got on one again.

But he did like the cute little bandades with the animals on them that his wife put on his booboos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12