I have seen on this board that Goodman furnaces are of lower quality. I also know Amana furnaces are made by Goodman. So are new Amana furnaces low quality also? I am looking for a 80% 2-stage furnace. I plan on using a good installer so what are the recommended brands?

I like goodman been installing them for years and thier are others too. If installed properly Goodman is great but you could always pay for the name such TRANE<CARRIER< Save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ DONT PAY FOR THE NAME $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Since 1989, the Amana dual sized stainless steel heat exchanger has a zero failure rate for normal usage and conditions. Several consumer orgs. have rated the Amana condensing furnaces as the best on the market.

And yes; the Goodman brand furnaces now have the Amana heat exchanger in aluminized steel in them and are using mostly Amana technology. UH-OHHHHH...Goodman is good...man!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Only thing that scares me is the White-Rodgers ignition control they are using. Same line as A-S/Trane use and they've been a royal pain with 1 bug after another. Hopefully by now, they are doing better. Buy a long warranty with whatever brand you choose. As HJ would say, they are all junk!

I actually like the Goodman ignition system on comparable furnaces better. The Goodman also has the adaptive ignition but with a standard Mini-Norton ignitor.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV