Thread: virus warning

Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and the moment that you open these emails your computer will crash and you will not be able to fix it!!!

This e-mail is being distributed through countries around the globe, but mainly in the US and Israel.

Confirmed at: http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/osama.asp

Origins: There are few headlines that would grab the attention of more computer users around the world than "Osama bin Laden Captured," and that's exactly what whoever created this lure was counting on to snare unsuspecting victims who use Microsoft platforms.

"Osama bin Laden Captured" isn't a virus in itself; it's the text of a message that includes a link to a file called EXPLOIT.EXE. When a message recipient clicks on this link to view what he thinks are pictures of Osama bin Laden's capture, he can end up downloading an executable Trojan known as Backdoor-AZU, BKDR_LARSLP.A, Download.Trojan, TrojanProxy.Win32.Small.b,or Win32.Slarp. Clicking the embedded link in the "Osama bin Laden Captured" message auto-executes a file called "EXPLOIT.EXE," which exploits a known security hole to download the Trojan. According to McAfee Security:

The Trojan opens a random port on the victim's machine. It sends the Port information to a webpage at IP address 66.139.77.145. The Trojan listens on the open port for instructions and redirects traffic to other IP addresses. Spammers and hackers can take advantage of compromised systems by using the infected computer as a middleman, allowing them to pass information through it and remain anonymous.

Microsoft has made available updates that close the hole exploited by this Trojan.

You gotta be a real moron to open an .exe file in an email.

Is that Dave or Julie........perhaps Cybil.........damn.
    How's the fridge?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Ha! Cybil lives next door, she is very furry.

Which one? I had trouble with both evap fan motors in the home fizerbators. Replaced the one in the GE and it is doing fine, nice and quiet. The kegorator had a siezed evap fan motor, but I was able to coax it back to life last year and it has been doing fine ever since. Keeping the beer at 38 degrees.

My fridge is nice and quiet as well, I got my parts cheaper than you did too............
    If the beer keg fan goes, they are usually about $10 and easy to replace, unlike that high tech GE deal.
    Say hi to all your multiple personalities for me.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

The beer is cooled by a whirlpool circa 1991. Came with the house. You'll be pleased to know its evaporator fan is lubed with mobil 1 synthetic automatic transmission fluid. It's all I had lying around. A dab'll do ya.

The next thing my GE is going to do for me is get it's water in the door solenoid stuck shut. It's done this two times for a day and then stopped. It's been behaving the past few months though.

The frigidaire dryer stopped drying, needed a new coil kit. Appliances are fun.

I think ya should put Julie in charge of appliance repair.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by dave and julie
    You gotta be a real moron to open an .exe file in an email.
    Could'nt have sait it any better.

Never open a .exe file or any attachment to an e-mail unless you are absolutely sure of the sender.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Julie isn't afraid to use my tool......s

My wife just doesn't work on the computer enough...She might do it.

She's not a moron though , just not a computer geek like us.