Condenser coatings?

Condenser coatings?

Few simple facts:
    yr and half 12 1/2 ton Carrier RTU
    Mexican restaurant
    Unit located aprox 12ft from hood exhaust
    Coils washed during spring service

I was up on the roof for a no cool call on a different unit. Took a look around at the other RTU. I notice that restaurant goo is starting to collect on the coils of this unit.(spring service has not been done yet) I know I cant stop the collection of goo but after a good cleaning is there a coating i can apply so that I will not have to use a harsh chemical each time i clean?

Is this a flat roof or does it have a wall around it?

If it has a wall around it then they need to have the flue of the exhaust unit extended! Usually to the roof line.

Quote Originally Posted by jackintheboxtec View Post
    Is this a flat roof or does it have a wall around it?

If it has a wall around it then they need to have the flue of the exhaust unit extended! Usually to the roof line.
    no wall just prevailing winds and normal restaurant slime. The unit that sat there before did not have this problem because the coil was located on the other end and shielded its self.
    I did see a new fan setting there ready for install. Maybe the new one will help my situation out. The other one is provably caked full of goo.

Nothing will get moved modified or anything for my sake...
    "just keep it clean" i was told

Bummer!!

Good luck

i know united sells it and I believe it is a Nu Calgon product. It is a clear liquid that you apply after you clean the coils and has a teflon coating and they say it is more difficult for debri to stick to the coils but they say it makes it easier to clean coils the next go around. Never used it but we just had a chemical class at united and they spoke of it.

Proper engineering of the hood fan outlet should be addressed. How many times can the coil be cleaned a year without being damaged. Not to mention the added energy cost the dirty coil is costing the owner of the restaurant.