AC Problems, home, new units

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I need some help! Please read.
    We have had installed 2 new Trane XL Series and every thing to go with it, my house didn't have duct work. As I type this we have no AC, both units are down again. Both units have been running non-stop for about 1 month and in the day time they never cool below 87, with the outside temps in the 98 range. At night they would run down to 78, with it set at 73 and outside temps around 71.
    This system was installed 1-8-2005. The company that installed it has been out to fix a ton of issues so far.
    My house is set up like this, main house 1800 sf, addition is 900 sf, all one level, insulated heavy.

1. The pluming on the air handlers was all wrong on both handlers, filled the trays with water, the cut off wasn't hooked up right and did some bad damage to 3 spots to the plaster in 2 rooms, both handlers are in main attic.
    They finally fixed this good after coming and trying different things 5 times. All they had to do was look at the Manuel on top of the handlers and build to spec.
    2. They have been out 7 times to get the addition to cool down below 72 and as of now it wont cool below 86 in day time. They shut down the unit yesterday (sat) and will look again Monday.
    The main unit worked fine until they looked at it last tue and now it wont cool at all. They shut that down also, yesterday. They pulled both breaker fuses outside the units on the electrical boxes.

Here is what I have installed,

1. 2.5 ton out door unit M# 2TWX4030A1000AA S# 4311LFM2F
    2.5 ton air handler M# TWE037E13FB1 S# 43458CR2V (main house 1800 sf, one level) Trane XL 14i ( IS IT A 2.5 TON , NOT SURE)

2. 2.0 ton out door unit M# 2TWX4024A1000AA S# 4393KT12F
    2.o ton air handler M# TWEO31E13FB81 S# 4226BM71V ( addition 900 sf, one level) Trane 14i

Also one last thing, I had window units that kept the house nice and cool and didn't run that much.
    Main house 23000 BTU
    addition 25000 BTU

I would think that the trane units should be plenty to cool this home, there is alot of duct in the house. Large rooms 3 and 4 ducts and bed rooms 2 and 3 ducts.

I'm at the point of calling the Trane mfr and seeing what they say because it seems like the company, just cant fix this. Every time they come out its someone different and they always say they added gas. Where is all the gas going I say, they just look all dumb-founded.

Should I hold off on calling Trane people, I guess they should help me, or should I wait and see on the 8th attempt.

This company that did all the work has been around since 1971 and the better business bureau rated them well.

Sorry it is so long, just allot of info.

Any info would be great,

Thanks,

When they come out tommorow.
    If they can't say its fixed for sure, then ask them to have a factory rep come out.

If they say thats not needed, or not possible, then call Trane .

What is your addition.

Was a load calc done, did they measure your rooms before they decided what size you need, or just say you have a 2.5 ton house.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Hello,
    The addition is 900 sf, one large den, 2 bedrooms, 1 full bath, very open. The service mgr came out and measured all rooms and did a window count. He looked in both attics to check insulation and did some calc. He said a 2.5 ton on main house 1800 sf and 2 ton on the addition. I had 4 different estimates and they all said the same thing. The main part of the house would cool great( if I set it at 72, it would stay there always) until about a week ago and then got worse each day. The outside temps have been around 95 to 100 for last month.
    Also can you tell if the main heat pump is 2.5 ton by the serial # I posted?

Hope this info helps,
    Thanks,

Rick

[Edited by fatlip on 08-07-2005 at 08:01 PM]

The 2twx4030a100 mod number indicates a 2.5 ton condenser.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?