Exclamation

Have an old HEIL(20 years) that when AC is turned on, the AC works outside, and we can hear some voltage in the house furnace but no motor comes on. Could that possibly be a lack of oil problem and if so where are the oil tubes to add oil? We just noticed the label on the furnace says add oil yearly for maintenance but we have not done that ever. Any help would be great. We can't afford a new furnace or motor yet, so we are trying anything that might work. Thanks

You most likely need a new evap motor installed , call a licensed contractor, what does voltage sound like,lol, your hearing the refrigerent pumping to the evap coil.

at any rate call a licensed contractor asap, there is no oil get out of jail card.

It is just a guess, but I am going to guess that you also cannot afford to be electocuted or have your hands chopped up.

Wait it out till you can afford to call an HVAC technician in to find the problem and remedy it. It could be a number of things wrong.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Turn the thermostat to the off position so the outside unit will turn off and do not run it or you will blow it up.

Call a professional. Charge it, or borrow the money so your family will be comfortable.

Oiling burnt bearings never solves anything.

Get the credit card out and pay to have it fixed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Begining to oil the motors after 20 yrs doesnt solve anything now,Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance, remember that word in the future.also 2 other words to remember, Licensed Contractor.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm calling tomorrow to have it fixed. That's why I posted the question..to get some answers. I wouldn't have done anything stupid and we are newer to the house and just noticed the maintenace note about oiling. Anyway you all know what you're talking about and it's pretty cool to have this forum.

Any brand recommendations on a new unit for both HV & AC?