Red face

We had our breakfast meeting on Friday about CUSTOMER SERVICE. It actually was pretty good, the food I mean. As a sales rep I listened but it seams like the techs didn't appreciate it.

The entire time during the meeting the "on call" techs phone was ringing and he couldn't answer it. Nobody was at the office to answer the phones.

Customer Service??

That was so you could practice the new techniques you just learned to get that customer back.

It was a test.

Also, just because a person owns a company, does not necessarily mean the individual is smart.

I like to be flexible and open minded about meetings.
    Cause I like to share information.

But until management is educated and willing to spend the monies necessary to support the mechanics ... the meetings are a waste, in my opinion.

The best of the best meetings I have ever attended were award meetings.

All the safety meetings and share your issues meetings were a wash!

I have found that most who are approached with a new way of doing their job ... they dont want tohear about it.

Even when they are new to the trade.
    And they dont want to be told to practice safety while at work.
    They dont want to hear, much less share ideas ... on how to win customers to the company for life!

And isnt that a major factor in operating a sucessful service contracting business?

Originally posted by madeinusa

Also, just because a person owns a company, does not necessarily mean the individual is smart.
    [/B]
    Nor does it mean that he/she is stupid.

[Edited by benncool on 08-07-2005 at 06:54 PM]

Beencool:

I totally agree with the statement when it stands by itself. I was using it in context and referring to the owner not attending to a customer. Customers should not be ignored. Well maybe some should.

Originally posted by madeinusa
    Beencool:

Customers should not be ignored. Well maybe some should.
    Only when they won't give us a glass of water!

I like the free food that breakfast meetings involve.

Other than that, I'm disruptive at best.

Originally posted by webea/c

The entire time during the meeting the "on call" techs phone was ringing and he couldn't answer it. Nobody was at the office to answer the phones.

Customer Service??

An excellent observation of a ludicrous situation. The vast majority of meetings are nothing more than a waste of everyone's time and the companies' money.

weba/c

Wellcome to the year of 2005! These guy's are really trying to make it better for us and themselves! Have you been through the old school? It may take some time. You would not like to hear where we came from.

Re: weba/c

Originally posted by oroy54
    Wellcome to the year of 2005! These guy's are really trying to make it better for us and themselves! Have you been through the old school? It may take some time. You would not like to hear where we came from.
    Sorry, I don't follow. I started this trip in 1983 so I consider myself part of the old school but listen to the new every time. I don't think all meetings are worthless if it has an agenda and really puts out some information worth taking notes on. The last GOOD meeting I went to was on the Sandlers Sales System. Allot of good stuff there.

"You Can't Teach A Kid To Ride A Bike In A Seminar"

Smile 1983

Well your getting to be a old guy, like us. Tell me web, are things better or worse since 1983?

Better

Since I stopped getting my hands dirty in 1989 and I just sell it now I would say things are better. I never forget the heat and grim and try to always remember that its easier to be an armchair service tech then actually doing it like the guys in the field. But I figured out a long time ago that I wasn't cut out for fixin' 'em, I just sell 'em.

Remember, if you can't do, teach or sell.